FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Newhaven, Dieppe, Paris 22, 23, 24 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
My sleep threshold has been proven to exceed one redfalo ... which I am informed is fixed at the decibel level recorded on Heathrow's runway 10 seconds after a Concorde pilot aborts a landing.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
oi!

frank9755

Cyclist
Uta and I are coming.

I've booked the ferry and, Olaf, have enquired about your hotel. It looks like I should have asked about the soundproof rating of the walls!
We have tentative plans to keep going south on the Sunday, aiming for Marseille or Nice. We'll see.

Is anyone else staying in Dieppe on the Friday night? My experience is that it's very pleasant to roll off the ferry, have a shower, freshen up, miss the Friday rush-hour traffic, enjoy the evening in Dieppe and have a reasonably early start on the Saturday. The miles to St-Saens and environs are smooth and flat ones and pleasant to do on quiet, early morning roads after a good sleep!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Uta and I are coming.

I've booked the ferry and, Olaf, have enquired about your hotel. It looks like I should have asked about the soundproof rating of the walls!
We have tentative plans to keep going south on the Sunday, aiming for Marseille or Nice. We'll see.

Is anyone else staying in Dieppe on the Friday night? My experience is that it's very pleasant to roll off the ferry, have a shower, freshen up, miss the Friday rush-hour traffic, enjoy the evening in Dieppe and have a reasonably early start on the Saturday. The miles to St-Saens and environs are smooth and flat ones and pleasant to do on quiet, early morning roads after a good sleep!
if you want to catch up with us you'll need to make an unreasonably early start. We're going to be on the move at seven.

rvw

Guru
We have a room booked in Saint Saens (Maison Dr Vassaux) but still need to sort something for Paris. The hotel mentioned up thread is fully booked - any other recommendations, so that we aren't too far away from other folks? Thanks!

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
We have a room booked in Saint Saens (Maison Dr Vassaux) but still need to sort something for Paris. The hotel mentioned up thread is fully booked - any other recommendations, so that we aren't too far away from other folks? Thanks!

Last year we stayed all over Paris but met up at a quaint restaurant on the Canal Side once we had showered and changed clothes for a highly enjoyable evening

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we're in the Logis d'Eawy in Saint-Saens. We've stayed there before and it was lovely

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
We're now in the Crowne Plaza on the Place du Republique and a small B&B in Saint Saens. And in the Newhaven Travelodge on the way back.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I will probably stay the night again in the 'Cell Block H' aka the Budget Ibis... Unless I suddenly decide to go up market and head for a Mercure......

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Here's the skinny.....

Leave Hyde Park Corner midnight Thursday. Stop for refreshments at Gatwick. Arrive Newhaven about seven and have breakfast. Take the Friday morning ferry. Ride gently on to Torcy, stop for a baguette or two, then ride on a little more to Saint-Saens (or somewhere nearby) have dinner, stay at a B+B (note the second B), make an early start, stop for elevenses at a boulangerie in Morgny, go through Gisors, stop for lunch at Marines or thereabouts, ride in to Paris, have a beer, book in to our hotels and then go out to dinner. Return home by Eurostar or by train and ferry (stopping for a late lunch in Dieppe).

The Weight Watchers Paris trip is over thataway >>>>>>>.

Top Bottom