FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itsbruce

Lavender Bike Menace
Look Mum usually has a good range. Sometimes an excellent one.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrij B
Angus L
Anne H
Anne M
Arthur C
Bruno R
Carl P1
Carlos R
Charles E
Charlie B
Charlie M
Chris B
Claudine C
Clive P
Dan P
Dave F
Dave J
David C
David H
David P
Davy S
Diana J
Dr John B
Eddie C
Ejaz R
Frank P
Gail G
Gary J
Geoff S
Georgios V
Gordon P
Grahame D
Greg S
Greg T
Gwenda O
Iain C
Ian At
Ian McS
Jenny M
John E
John M
John S
John T
Julie G
Kim W
Lee T
Mark G
Martin F
Martin T
Martin W
Mary L
Michael A
Mick B
Mick D
Mike M
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel Cri
Olaf S
Paul Rd
Peter D
Peter M
Peter M
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Rob Hy
Ross C
Sahar
Sandra S
Sig E
Sonia W
Stephen O
Stephen T
Stephen W
Steve R
Steve W
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tacey L
Thom F
Tim O
Titus H
Vernon L
Xi C

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
ARGH - just seen Sig on the list!! Wow, not seen her in a long time. Do you reckon there will be cherry cake?
I'm not down for the night ride itself but hope to see some of you guys in the morning just before SMRbtL

Yesterday, a whole day passed without one comment being posted in the Informal Rides section.
Here's one or two from December 2011 to whet the whistle of the wind in the rigging...
w6wpph.jpg

34q46k6.jpg

I even made a Friday Night Stollen to make Olaf feel 'at home'.
2d11y04.jpg

Occupy London was out in force earlier in the same year:
dqiw6x.jpg

And Frank had his eye on something a little bigger than a simple cycling buff - he might just have left an easy to follow trail had he decided to TDA...
oa0lrm.jpg

And Tim O was proving that space is definitely the final frontier...well, there was nowhere else for us to sit as we had run out of pavement. These rides were becoming more and more difficult.
33z9ow9.jpg

All this chap's fault:
2rge0ko.jpg

Who, me?

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I was hoping to be able to suggest a City pub with a courtyard as another alternative. Unfortunately, EC is shut on a Saturday so the OTW and the Jampot won't be available. There is a Spoons on Gracechurch Street (The Crosse Keys) which is open from 9am and is big enough that they might let us bring bikes in from the back. The Lamb in Leadenhall Market says on its website that it's open from 10am.

However, and it's a big however, that's the day of the Lord Mayor's Show. (Lordmayorsshow.London). It's 33 years since I've been in town for the Show, but I'd imagine that the whole area could be busy. It also means that a number of roads, including the Embankment, are closed to traffic - but the website is explicitly encouraging cyclists.

Well, no-one has been enticed to embark on a general, illustrated view of Southend - indeed all rides passim - I'll continue...
Birthday parties have been known to gestate on the Southend and other rides. It is especially nice for shrinking violets to find their footing among friends as they wave a final goodbye to their age of innocence.
30rmwlv.jpg

Actually, the above never got used as it was a starting point based on 'another' birthday event. (An event sleeker and more meaningful than the finest Max Mara, the smoothest red lipstick...of which, more later perhaps). As the recipient is an afficionado of processed fare, and has an insatiable soft spot for 'our coverboy model' rich p, it seemed only fair to help appease her desires at every turn...
35a4uok.jpg

(to see the unadulterated photograph, one has to search this forum for evidence...) Anyway, the outside took shape and arrived like this:
2u7r4uf.jpg

"There will be thousands there, we'll need loads of space for well-wishers to sign!" Sure. So an insert was needed, which would be fixed on the white space...
aadvk7.jpg

in this
e0pgec.jpg

to be signed like this
2mcgfvo.jpg

Of course, no birthday is replete without a gift. Essential lifestyle moments come but once in a while, and our recipient profited immeasurably from her gift - of that we are certain
24kwb29.jpg

And, in true Friday Night style, not judging a book by its cover (or its 'price') a browse revealed...
b8kdau.jpg

And the moral?
It's books like that which lead one irresistibly to 'Look Mum'
9um8w2.jpg

Adrian and I went along simply to avail ourselves of the personalised beer, otherwise it would have been a right dull old gig.
zu2m35.jpg

"Cheers!" :tongue:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
new list on the way, but in the mean time do you want me to sound out The George? It's just across the road from my place of work.

I'd ask them if they had an objection to bikes being parked in the courtyard.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ARGH - just seen Sig on the list!! Wow, not seen her in a long time. Do you reckon there will be cherry cake?
I'm not down for the night ride itself but hope to see some of you guys in the morning just before SMRbtL
Why not? You're in great shape, and you've been greatly missed. If you got bored you could always take the first train from Billericay or Rayleigh.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
new list on the way, but in the mean time do you want me to sound out The George? It's just across the road from my place of work.

I'd ask them if they had an objection to bikes being parked in the courtyard.
I suspect we'll completely swamp LMNH, so that sounds like a Good Plan. If you have no success, I'm happy to try the Crosse Keys.

Top Bottom