Friday Night Ride To Whitstable. 19th Aug 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I am pleased to announce that booking is now open for the Friday Night Ride to Whitstable on 19th August.This is a wonderful ride following the Thames from Tower Bridge to the delightful seaside town of Whitstable, passing iconic sites such as the Cutty Sark in Greenwich, The Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, The Historic Dockyard in Chatham, where HMS Victory was built and the North Kent marshes, one of the most important natural wetlands in northern Europe.
After the success of moving the start point to Tower Bridge for our April ride, we are going to repeat this and the meeting will be outside the entrance to Potters Fields on Tooley Street, near Tower Bridge
There will be a half way refreshment stop at Strood, where rolls, hot drinks and home made cakes will be available. We will then ride through the dawn to finish at the Waterfront café to the East of Whitstable, where riders will be able to have a well deserved cooked breakfast and even a beer or two if that takes their fancy.
To take part in the ride you will need to register here: Whitstable Ride Registration

The ride will start at midnight, but please aim to arrive by 11.40pm so you can be checked in and we can have a safety brief.
This is a relatively flat ride of about 70 miles, with just a few steep hills to get you out of the saddle.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Form done. Will be combining this one with a nice relaxing night out in London. If one's idea of nice and relaxing is Ministry at the Forum :smile: Had booked a room for the night at the LSE Bankside in anticipation of this.

StuAff

Agreed with @User13710 , though Tooley Street works very nicely for me and anyone else coming in from Waterloo (or London Bridge, obv) for everyone else it's a bit different.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I'm not a dictator, so happy to listen to people's views on this. However leading a large group fom HPC takes a lot of time and individuals could do the same journey a lot quicker and meet at Tooley St

Reactions: srw

StuAff

Fair enough. But the club has been setting off from Wellington Arch for years. And the other start location is a real pita for me, and some others I think.
Same here. Tooley Street is easier than the Arch for me, but not by much...And it doesn't have the sense of occasion.

Top Bottom