Friend insanely close passed by team sky coach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I've just spoken to a friend of mine who was on a different part of the TOB route today. On his way back to work he was passed close and at speed by a team sky coach. I have just seen his go pro from it and it's scary. Another rider further down also says the same happened to him. I'm trying to get him to at least contact sky but he's reluctant to take it further. Surely a driver for a pro cycling team should be bike aware.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Surely a driver for a pro cycling team should be bike aware.

Don't bet on it. I got a lift to a race with someone from British Cycling in one of their liveried cars. Worst driver I've ever taken a lift from, my foot kept going for the imaginary brake.

Tin Pot

Guru
That's what he's done. Just messaged me now. Doesn't want to put it on youtube just wants them to acknowledge that the driver is a prat.

...Team Sky.

...Acknowledge guilt.

...Apology.

I think I see a flaw in your mates plan.

OP
OP
Big Dave laaa

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Well he's as straight as a die. He'll give them a chance first of all but if he doesn't get any joy he will probably change tack. It's a good job he's mellowed with age that's all I can say :boxing:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I've just spoken to a friend of mine who was on a different part of the TOB route today. On his way back to work he was passed close and at speed by a team sky coach. I have just seen his go pro from it and it's scary. Another rider further down also says the same happened to him. I'm trying to get him to at least contact sky but he's reluctant to take it further. Surely a driver for a pro cycling team should be bike aware.

The driver is paid to drive the bus end of!
The fact that he is driving a sky team bus will mean nothing to him, he is just a bus driver and probably takes the the same approach to cyclists as a lot of other drivers who couldn't care less that there is a human being riding the bike!!

Brandane

Legendary Member
The driver is paid to drive the bus end of!
The fact that he is driving a sky team bus will mean nothing to him, he is just a bus driver and probably takes the the same approach to cyclists as a lot of other drivers who couldn't care less that there is a human being riding the bike!!
Yep; probably some guy supplied by an agency for a few days driving work during the ToB, and getting paid about £8 per hour for his trouble.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
They've surely got to offer a big apology (and maybe some sort of nice little gift to say sorry...?) If not he should definitely put it on Youtube, it isn't on to put him in danger and they should know better

Top Bottom