Froome V Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else struggling to maintain interest in this?

I had no interest to begin with.

Radchenister

Veteran
Yep, tedious, long winded, 'Who shot JR?' stylie; now cliched, nothing new to discuss, nothing to see here ... move along now ;) !

Yet you have posted twice to say you're not interested. Are you sure?

Yes.

I can guarantee I have no interest nor a clue about what the current state is in this matter, however I can express my view of disinterest surely? Or is there a rule against it? That's the 3rd post I have made, just in case you are keeping a tally.

oldroadman

Veteran
There are always little niggles within teams. Sometimes they get out of hand, then the management needs to sort things out. That's just life. Very few people could say they liked everyone they worked with, and a team is just another workplace. The "fall-outs" business is usually stoked by outsiders who just want a story, or people around the riders who should know better but can't keep their twitter fingers still, and in some cases personal "managers". No problem with fair journalists, but too many have their own angle and want sensation/dirt where there isn't any. All very dull and boring unless you follow silly celeb magazines. Just concentrate on the racing where the work really gets done by the riders and support staff (who are often unrecognised heroes in my experience).

Hont

Guru
I can't help thinking that Sky should have sat them down in a room some time ago and get them to reach an understanding - as they now seem to have done. Sky/British Cycling seem, surprisingly, to be very poor at this side of man management - Victoria Pendleton was positively scathing about this in her Autobiog (particularly the way they handled Jess Varnish's disappointment in London).

oldroadman

Veteran
I can't help thinking that Sky should have sat them down in a room some time ago and get them to reach an understanding - as they now seem to have done. Sky/British Cycling seem, surprisingly, to be very poor at this side of man management - Victoria Pendleton was positively scathing about this in her Autobiog (particularly the way they handled Jess Varnish's disappointment in London).

Comments quoted need to be considered with a large dollop of sodium chloride, BC have one of the sports leading shrinks on board, and emotional states around the times of major competitions are right on the edge. It goes with the level of fitness, work done, and expectation management, when the expectation is for wins all the time, which simply ain't possible. Best quote about bike racing from a famous rider "Cycling is about learning how to lose" (and move on to compete next time). Mistakes happen and they are not hard to find when the huge majority of things go exactly to plan. Always keep the glass half full!!

This thread is getting rather long with posters coming in to say they have no interest in reading it though. Jus' sayin' like.

I never said I had no interest in reading the thread, rather that I had no interest in Froome v Wiggins; always of interest to see what everyone else replies, even if I find it uninteresting. Always good to know what others find of interest.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I never said I had no interest in reading the thread, rather that I had no interest in Froome v Wiggins; always of interest to see what everyone else replies, even if I find it uninteresting. Always good to know what others find of interest.
^_^ Okay lurker!!

Top Bottom