Froome V Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1780

Anyone else struggling to maintain interest in this? I feel like I should give a toss, but I don't...
So what if the op 'new' to pro racing? And if you don't like the thread don't read it and don't reply to it. Its really very simple. Since when did this forum become a special forum for know it alls only? Give people a break.

PpPete

Legendary Member
So what if the op 'new' to pro racing? And if you don't like the thread don't read it and don't reply to it. Its really very simple. Since when did this forum become a special forum for know it alls only? Give people a break.

Er.... this is the internet isn't it?
By definition all contributors "know it all" shirley ?

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
My understanding is that a war has been raging within the Team Sky camp for over a couple of years now. All the riders were pro-Brad, even Froome. During Brads local training regime around his home, he would work mainly alone and send results digitally to Shane and the gang back at base. Froome saw a snapshot and mentioned something to a couple of the junior team members about how they were going to struggle in next years tour. Seed was planted with a couple of the junior team members. Team gets back together for some winter training and Brad is a bit behind schedule and is bollocked, but Brad counters about a strain he had etc. Froomey sticks in the knife again behind the scenes. Winter training then starts going to plan and Brad looks mean and goes on to win everything leading up to the tour. Froome has been told to do his job and not get bogged down with tactics, ...... Brad smashes it and Froome is upset because he thinks he was held back, even though he was employed to do the job he ended up doing. Froome cannot keep quiet even in private and has his girlfriend as his agent, who then goes out and winds everyone up. Even when Sky try and draw a line a whisper of discontent leaks out.

Brad and Froome get into an argument because Froome is making it known in the media that he will be leading Team Sky. Brad isn't at this stage 100% due to illness and a minor injury, but is getting sick of Froomes mouth. Big fall out and Brad decides that there is no way he can support Froome and is upset with the team. The team say they dont think Brad will be ready and is one reason of going with Froome, but is he can get a result in the Giro they will maybe rethink things. Brad has a lot of bad luck in the Giro because of the weather, and running a 2nd string team who struggle leading the peleton and Brad getting hammered through lack of support. Brad throws the towel in and feigns injury to ensure he isn't supporting Froome. A lot of upset in Team Sky as we now have 2 groups and Froomes group has some defectors as they want to go to the tour.
Team Sky gradually breaks up with arrivals and departures, and many of those are down to Froome being a tart.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
I'm newish to this site and today was the first time I've delved into the Pro section. One thing that stands out like a sore thumb is the Chris Froome, Brad Wiggins thing as the forum seems split down the middle, but if you factor in Froomes girlfriend Froome drops off a cliff.

So here goes

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Red or black wine gums?

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
What's the actual question?

More likely to win the 2014 tour? Froome.
Better rider? Wiggins has achieved more.
Fav person? Wiggo for me as he's a bit outlandish.

Radchenister

Veteran
Yeah, wot he said :biggrin: !
:rofl:

You're absolutely right, the internet is purely a place for conspiracy theories and churning up half truths upon half truths, ad infinitum, then embellishing it until we've got a half believable body of evidence, as so eloquently shown via our man on the inside Doc333 .

There's no point in actually trying to keep up with anything in real time, just Google some news from July 2012 and pick it up from there. :wacko:

...and while we're at it, I'd still like someone to show me some actual proof on Mr L E Gunderson's alleged doping, you can't prove a negative can you - never failed a drug test you know! :banghead:

Last edited:

lay

I could tell you lot a story about BW - BUT i wont but will say, perfect position on the bike, nice bloke ! and outstandingly cool (bike handlings skills) on a bike ! - he is simply perfection personified when on a bike !!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom