Froome V Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1780

I'm glad you appreciate my greatness, you'll be lining me up for public backlash and accusing me of doping soon ;) .
accusations of doping and public backlash? Nah not for you. You're far too great. You are just to far ahead. Reading your posts I would say you're the next step in evolution... no doubt.

Radchenister

Veteran
That's 'too far' budd', you got it right first attempt then blew it ... and you're right, I'm way ahead, super pedantry is my mantra, catch up ;) !

oldroadman

Veteran
My understanding is that a war has been raging within the Team Sky camp for over a couple of years now. All the riders were pro-Brad, even Froome. During Brads local training regime around his home, he would work mainly alone and send results digitally to Shane and the gang back at base. Froome saw a snapshot and mentioned something to a couple of the junior team members about how they were going to struggle in next years tour. Seed was planted with a couple of the junior team members. Team gets back together for some winter training and Brad is a bit behind schedule and is bollocked, but Brad counters about a strain he had etc. Froomey sticks in the knife again behind the scenes. Winter training then starts going to plan and Brad looks mean and goes on to win everything leading up to the tour. Froome has been told to do his job and not get bogged down with tactics, ...... Brad smashes it and Froome is upset because he thinks he was held back, even though he was employed to do the job he ended up doing. Froome cannot keep quiet even in private and has his girlfriend as his agent, who then goes out and winds everyone up. Even when Sky try and draw a line a whisper of discontent leaks out.

Brad and Froome get into an argument because Froome is making it known in the media that he will be leading Team Sky. Brad isn't at this stage 100% due to illness and a minor injury, but is getting sick of Froomes mouth. Big fall out and Brad decides that there is no way he can support Froome and is upset with the team. The team say they dont think Brad will be ready and is one reason of going with Froome, but is he can get a result in the Giro they will maybe rethink things. Brad has a lot of bad luck in the Giro because of the weather, and running a 2nd string team who struggle leading the peleton and Brad getting hammered through lack of support. Brad throws the towel in and feigns injury to ensure he isn't supporting Froome. A lot of upset in Team Sky as we now have 2 groups and Froomes group has some defectors as they want to go to the tour.
Team Sky gradually breaks up with arrivals and departures, and many of those are down to Froome being a tart.

Fascinating. It would make a great novel. Ahem.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So what if the op 'new' to pro racing? And if you don't like the thread don't read it and don't reply to it. Its really very simple. Since when did this forum become a special forum for know it alls only? Give people a break.

yak yak yak!

J1780

yak yak yak!
Good boy

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I could tell you lot a story about BW - BUT i wont but will say, perfect position on the bike, nice bloke ! and outstandingly cool (bike handlings skills) on a bike ! - he is simply perfection personified when on a bike !!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO at this post.

Don't know how you come to the conclusion in the bolded bit, is this because the commentators jabber on about his TT position all the time making daft comments based on the (not always, in fact often incorrect) assumption that a flat back is better?

oldroadman

Veteran

There are some pretty clueless comments on here. Pro racing is "on the edge" a lot. Riders fall off or are brought down, it happens. At times descending is on the edge of sanity, when the attacks go in and the rain comes down. Some organisers seem to delight in creating a parcours that encourages the taking of silly risks, and I blame no-one who has had a few recent chutes if they back off a bit and take a chance on getting back in later. In my view, anyone who questions the character and thought processes of a TdF winner needs to learn a lot more and do some serious reading before spouting off opinions which are less than informed.

There are some pretty clueless comments on here. Pro racing is "on the edge" a lot. Riders fall off or are brought down, it happens. At times descending is on the edge of sanity, when the attacks go in and the rain comes down. Some organisers seem to delight in creating a parcours that encourages the taking of silly risks, and I blame no-one who has had a few recent chutes if they back off a bit and take a chance on getting back in later. In my view, anyone who questions the character and thought processes of a TdF winner needs to learn a lot more and do some serious reading before spouting off opinions which are less than informed.

Not sure what you mean. If you are referring to the comments underneath the vid, then I never read them anyway, because they are usually made by imbeciles... ;)

Top Bottom