Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Future CC Ecosse Ride suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Right, here's a fuller list, in the first post of the thread, so it should be easier to keep track !
With acknowledgement to all those who designed them ... and who might have even ridden them ^_^

Last edited:
"Tour de Falkirk"? I like the sound of that one!

I see that @Col5632 has already suggested a Round-the-Forth ride at the end of August, so to follow on from my thoughts in the Perth ride thread, I now have some routes to add to the concepts :smile:.
With acknowledgement to @Telemark, who designed a couple of them ... ^_^

We've done a E Lothian - Longniddry/Haddington ride before, so must look out the map and post it up as another option ...
CC Eccose has also done in the past:
Borders Raid starting from Loanhead,
Redstone Rigg starting from Musselburgh,
Round the Forth starting Inverkeithing/ South Queensferry,
Dunblane to Kippen starting strangely enough in Dunblane,
Loch Leven starting Inverkeithing,
The Trossachs starting Dunblane.

I've not go the tracks but we've also done routes out of Stirling a few times.

Noodley

As of tomorrow I shall be a Scottish Borders resident, so anything in that area would be fine :thumbsup:

Col5632

Guru
Arran the return :smile:

Don't tempt me :wahhey:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Redstone Rigg starting from Musselburgh,

This was my first CC Ecosse ride. I was struggling badly, and grateful for a tow from @edindave to bring me home. I'd love to do it again one day!

Why nothing in Lanarkshire ?

I guess we never had sufficient density of people with local knowledge to plan a suitable route. Feel free to rectify that! Actually, come to think of it, I did this route as a CTC ride some time ago, and quite enjoyed it. I don't know of cake stop options, though.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Why nothing in Lanarkshire ?

Because no one has yet organised a ride there ! :laugh:

Most of the earlier CC Ecosse people live(d) in the east - Edinburgh/ Lothians/ Fife/ Perth - so not many rides were arranged in 'unknown territory'. Rides organised in these areas brought riders ! :bicycle:

It's only recently that the number of 'west coast' people on CC has increased and they have started coming to our rides, so if more Lanarkshire/ Ayrshire etc rides are organised, maybe more of the east coast sorority :girl: and fraternity :blink: could be persuaded to 'head west, young man' !

Edit: rail access is a bit trickier too ...

Fubar

Guru
This was my first CC Ecosse ride. I was struggling badly, and grateful for a tow from @edindave to bring me home. I'd love to do it again one day!

I guess we never had sufficient density of people with local knowledge to plan a suitable route. Feel free to rectify that! Actually, come to think of it, I did this route as a CTC ride some time ago, and quite enjoyed it. I don't know of cake stop options, though.

Struggling badly?!? GANDALF?!?!? I refuse to believe it.

Top Bottom