Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Future CC Ecosse Ride suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Only thing I have in in march is the evans sportive on 23rd. And a half marathon the week before :sad:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Could try for a Hadrians Wall one early in march? 45 miles, cafe stop at Lanercost. Not sure of days off yet, so will need to wait a bit before I can confirm.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
For March could go for something along @Edwardoka 's route around Crow Rd suggestion if i could remember where it was......:whistle:

I'm approx 4 miles from both The Tak and Crow Rd If heat/drying or repairs required.;)

:thumbsup: I'd forgotten about this one with all the excitement about islands and the like! Sounds good to me, as long as there is no risk of ice on the day ...

T

Col5632

Guru
Me & @tug benson done the Tak last year, was a pretty good ride, think I done about 70 miles that day

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Me & @tug benson done the Tak last year, was a pretty good ride, think I done about 70 miles that day

If memory serves I was there, too :tongue:

The view from the top of the Tak is much better than that from half way up the Crow. You do have to work hard to earn it, though.

Looking back at the route suggestion posted by @Edwardoka , I would suggest shifting the start to Lenzie (or possibly Croy) to make it easier for easterners to attend, and reversing the route, so you 1) get the car park break on the way up the crow and 2) Avoid the horrible road surface on the busy A81 heading north out of Strathblane.

Col5632

Guru

The view from the top of the Tak is much better than that from half way up the Crow. You do have to work hard to earn it, though.

Looking back at the route suggestion posted by @Edwardoka , I would suggest shifting the start to Lenzie (or possibly Croy) to make it easier for easterners to attend, and reversing the route, so you 1) get the car park break on the way up the crow and 2) Avoid the horrible road surface on the busy A81 heading north out of Strathblane.

Ah yeah so you were, although you were already at the top (or near the top) when we got there :laugh:

I agree with everything above.

Top Bottom