Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Future CC Ecosse Ride suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Cafe De Fleurs in Dollar was very popular when we did an RV ride there last year - Trip Advisor linky here.

It's open Saturday and Sunday (can get very busy Saturday am, mostly local cyclists ;)) and Dollar is doable from Fife, Edinburgh, Stirling, Carse of Gowrie and for the more adventurous, the West.

Other places I can think of for an RV is Corrieri's in Stirling or Archerfield's Walled Garden in East Lothian.

There is a good 100 miler I've done up to Lochearnhead via Crieff and back via Stirling, but that might be pushing it a bit for an RV!

edindave

Über Member
I have heard that Steampunk in North Berwick is popular with cyclists and there is a railway station as a bailout option. Although in winter I might be more tempted by a fish supper to be honest :mrpig:

Fubar

Guru
I have heard that Steampunk in North Berwick is popular with cyclists and there is a railway station as a bailout option. Although in winter I might be more tempted by a fish supper to be honest :mrpig:

Looks good! Most of the A199 (I think?? Coast road through Aberlady/Gullane) seems to have a cycle lane along it - if you like that kind of thing...

edindave

Über Member
Looks good! Most of the A199 (I think?? Coast road through Aberlady/Gullane) seems to have a cycle lane along it - if you like that kind of thing...

The coast road is pleasant enough. Wide lanes. A good 'winter' road as it is well used/gritted.

There is some white paint along the edge that is perhaps meant to be a cycle lane... I thought it was just there to mark where the gravel/glass/debris/leaf jam stops and the road begins.

Fubar

Guru
The coast road is pleasant enough. Wide lanes. A good 'winter' road as it is well used/gritted.

There is some white paint along the edge that is perhaps meant to be a cycle lane... I thought it was just there to mark where the gravel/glass/debris/leaf jam stops and the road begins.

Yeah, only ever driven along it - perhaps that can be used as a quick "out" of Edinburgh to NB with an alternative route back? East Lothian isn't my strong suit so happy to be guided by those in the know (yourself, and calling @Telemark and @Scoosh ;))

How about a ride from Glasgow to Carlisle - maybe starting at East Kilbride? My Strava Heatmap has a rather visible gap on it that annoys me more than it should :crazy:

A moderator could surely move this thread from the ill-fitting Midlothian subsection further up the hierarchy. If only we knew one...! :whistle:

D

Deleted member 20519

Tomorrow morning - 0600 sharp - from your home for 30km :bicycle: and back again. :bicycle: :bicycle:

There may not be too many joining you with this rather short notice :sad: - for which my sincere apologies. :giggle:

GPS data eagerly awaited ... :whistle:

Is that a challenge?

I accept.

Top Bottom