Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Future CC Ecosse Ride suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think that with his new gaffe it's time for @Louch to organise a ride in the central belt. I can recommend the Carron valley and the cheeky wee climbs to get there :thumbsup:

edindave

Über Member
Did those '@jazloc going for a ride' posts actually happen or have I wandered into some sort of group hallucination?

Somebuddy

Über Member
I'm only saying.............. my bike is away for the winter, and I've tucked a nice new shiny one in beside it to keep it company. I haven't even tried it out yet, well I don't want to get it dirty!
Anyway as I was saying, I really fancy the 4 Abbeys route. Melrose, Dryburgh, Kelso and Jedburgh. It is 55 miles, 88.5 km if you prefer - No really steep hills. It's not local for me, I got the route out of a cycling plus magazine and have wanted to do it for a while, but will hold off till the better weather..........spring. It criss crosses the river tweed a few times and looks very picturesque.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've seen that 4 Abbeys route too and fancied it. :thumbsup:

The only potential "issue" for it to be a CC Ecosse Forum Ride is getting there and back - no trains and some of good folk don't do/have access to car transport. :sad:

I've seen that 4 Abbeys route too and fancied it. :thumbsup:

The only potential "issue" for it to be a CC Ecosse Forum Ride is getting there and back - no trains and some of good folk don't do/have access to car transport. :sad:
Time it properly and there will be a train line to Galashiels by next summer :thumbsup:

I'm up for this regardless, but yeah if it's earlier than that then I'd need to arrange a lift off someone.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Time it properly and there will be a train line to Galashiels by next summer :thumbsup:

I'm up for this regardless, but yeah if it's earlier than that then I'd need to arrange a lift off someone.

Yep - the trains are due to run from about mid-September 2015, if all goes according to plan... :dance::wahhey:
The only snag would be if they push through the original 'max 2 bikes per train' policy. It's not too late to lobby with your MSPs and/or Abellio, who will be running the train when it starts ... ridiculous, as you couldn't even get a family with a single kid to catch a train together. :angry:
The cycle tourism potential is huge, to bring £££ into the Borders, and not just for day trips.
Our mega-milers can always cycle from Waverley and meet the rest of CC Ecosse in Galashiels.:giggle:

T

Top Bottom