Gardeners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
View attachment 129290 Actually I do have lots of seeds from this ( anyone know what it is ? )
It's not like this all year but very pretty most of the year . I'll send you some if you like .
That's nice :smile:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
You need plants that suit the conditions. What's the soil like, how much sun does the patch get?

Horrible. As much as Kent gives it, direct by midday.
image.jpeg

I've bought 480l of compost. A bunch of wildflower seeds and some flowers(don't know) are being delivered.

I think I might need to dig out this soil/rubble before putting the multipurpose compost in.

Horrible. As much as Kent gives it, direct by midday.
View attachment 129304
I've bought 480l of compost. A bunch of wildflower seeds and some flowers(don't know) are being delivered.
I think I might need to dig out this soil/rubble before putting the multipurpose compost in.

Like the daffodil, its like its tried its best and given up 'cause nothing else has bothered ^_^.

Don't know what tree that is, but it will probably take a fair bit of the moisture in the ground, so if you're keeping it, you'll have to plant some stuff that's fairly drought tolerant and yes, I'd at least dig the soil around it, get rid of any rubble and add the new stuff on top / dig it in. 480l of compost may seem a lot but it won't necessarily go a long way.

perplexed

Guru
Nice idea - Google says they grow to 15m. I've had enough of the trees previous owners speckled the place with.

Can you trim them to keep them about a metre high?

Can I take them from the local woods?

The bold bit yes, the other I'm not so sure!

Also, perhaps consider hornbeam and elaeagnus?

Mrs M

Guru
Some bright colour all year round would look good :smile:.
Small space so something like dwarf Rhodedendron. Also Daphne plants are slow growing and give some colour in winter with lovely little flowers.
Depends on the look you want.
Nice that you've ordered wild flowers, the bees with love them :hungry:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Do I need to remove stones? It seems more stones than soil in some bits. Or do roots grow round and anchor on them?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What about some dogwoods, or Mexican orange blossom (my favourite plant... Evergreen, scented, can be pruned to size). And I agree with the tree peony, I've got a large one but it's yellow, your's looks to be a nicer colour).

Top Bottom