Garmin 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manguish

Thinking about an ICE Sprint 26 - i have a Garmin 500 with speed and cadence sensors currently.

How would these work on the Sprint?

I'm guessing the speed would be ok with the computer sensor mount they sell? Cadence i'm not so sure of as they go on pedals?

One last thing is mounting the 500 unit itself? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Speed should be fine. Cadence probably requires building a little wing onto the boom so that its sensor is closer to the crank arm as it passes. I've done this on a Streetmachine for a cat eye when a combination of new shaped bike and hilly commute meant risking knees through habitually low cadence.

In terms of mounting, my USS bents either have bar mounts on risers to bring them away from the road or boom mounts and arms to bring them closer to my eye.

RAM make a whole interchangeable system for the Etrex I use, including variable diameter tube straps that'll easily go around the boom.

If going home brew, its normally a case of bringing a piece of metal that's shaped like a handlebar to wherever you want to put your computer. Minoura space grip plus tinkering plus zip ties :smile:

Top Bottom