Garmin Edge 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
I've got a Garmin Edge 200 on the way..

One quick question, how many rides can you store on it before you sync it up to Garmin Connect/Strava? I do at least 2 rides a day and don't want to be plugging it in twice a day!

DefBref

Über Member
You can store as many as you can until it fills up. Unless your doing immensely long rides or storing lots of courses as well, you will be fine, I've currently got 10 rides on mine, taking up about 9kb each with 2.3Mb left, so thats approximately 32 more rides I could store before its full.

DefBref

Über Member
I upload (strava) every time I ride, but only delete rides off the 200 when it starts to get full or need the space for courses.

My commute is 13 miles each way, which is the majority of the current rides stored on it at 9 kb each, so you'll be fine.

DefBref

Über Member
Brilliant!

So it's as easy as plug in, upload to Garmin Connect then export to Strava?

Even easier than that now, if you link your accounts on garmin and strava it does it in one go for you instead of having to do it twice. In fact with the new garmin express software it does it all automatically as soon as you connect it.

OP
OP
Hop3y

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
Epicly epic.
Even easier than that now, if you link your accounts on garmin and strava it does it in one go for you instead of having to do it twice. In fact with the new garmin express software it does it all automatically as soon as you connect it.

Sharky

Guru
Brilliant gadget - you just have to remember to switch it on AND switch it off, especially when it is the back of the car after the evening 10. I've recorded some very high speeds!

Cheers keith

cd365

Guru
You can store as many as you can until it fills up. Unless your doing immensely long rides or storing lots of courses as well, you will be fine, I've currently got 10 rides on mine, taking up about 9kb each with 2.3Mb left, so thats approximately 32 more rides I could store before its full.
There are 1024KB in a MB so you are probably looking at storing more like 260 more rides.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I am sure my 200 can store a lot of rides but when I look at them on the Garmin itself it only displays the last 12-15 or so when I select "all rides" ... is this normal ?

Thanks

Top Bottom