Genesis Equilibrium 00 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomSH27

Hi there, does anybody have one of these and if so what do you think of your bike? I have just purchased and am awaiting the call to collect!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I haven't got one but one passed me yesterday and ended up admiring it to the owner. He seemed very pleased with his!

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

They do look nice I'll admit, something a bit different it caught my eye as soon as I went into the shop, I love the vintage bikes though and this has a slightly retro style.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had a 2013 Equilbrium 20 built to my own spec, lovely bike. This is somewhat higher up the Reynolds steel and spec tree (<9kg naked) but the 00 should still be a lovely ride, enjoy :smile: The blue is lovely

To note you can fit proper mudguards but need P clips for a fixed rack as there are no mounting points on the seat stays. Easily done though (well for someone who knows what they are doing unlike me)

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

I had a 2013 Equilbrium 20 built to my own spec, lovely bike. This is somewhat higher up the Reynolds steel and spec tree (<9kg naked) but the 00 should still be a lovely ride, enjoy :smile: The blue is lovely

To note you can fit proper mudguards but need P clips for a fixed rack as there are no mounting points on the seat stays. Easily done though (well for someone who knows what they are doing unlike me)
Thanks Vickster, I was tempted by the 10 after reading the bikeradar review, but I took the 00 out and I was happy that it was what I was looking for. Switching with the Sora seems very smooth but then I have only the old style downshifters to compare to. I also love the colour scheme and when I took it out it fetched a few compliments, sold!

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

Just checked out the 20 on the website, amazing looking bike, did you opt for Cream or Cherry Red? I love the brown leather saddle and tape.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have the 2013 burnt orange 20. Photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 227
OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

I have the 2013 burnt orange 20. Photo

That really is a beauty, I'd have to put that colour up with the cherry red as my favourite with the blue coming a close second. it sounds pathetic but i'm now deliberating what style of cages to buy.

vickster

Legendary Member
Those are lezyne, very classy

Garethgas

I have an Equilibrium 10 and I have to say it's not only a looker but one of the best rides I've ever had.
Bit like me ^_^
I've ridden some of my friends bikes in the past but even the high end carbon ones don't come close in terms of comfort.
Having said that, they were all too big for me so maybe that was a contributory factor. I will be taking a pic tomorrow
and post it on here.
My only gripe is that I find the paintwork scratches easily. Otherwise, if it were stolen tomorrow, it will be replaced with the
same model.

michaelcycle

I have a 2013 Equilibrium 00. I originally had a budget of £1.5k but I liked riding the Genesis so much I ended up buying it and saving myself £1k (I got it on offer.)

Looks great, is comfortable and solid on the descent. I think it is more "ride" than "race" as Genesis market it as but if that is what you want it for I recommend it highly.

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

Glad to see humility is alive and well Garethgas!:biggrin: I've seen a similar comment somewhere before, I wonder are these bikes powder coated or spray painted? I reckon PPC would scratch more readily than a spray paint job but am only guessing. The assistant in the bike store actually said they were his favorite bikes at present and that more and more serious cyclists were moving back to steel for training and general use for the comfort. I couldn't really comment as I've only ever known steel. If it gets too scratched up Bob Jackson does a great respray job for a ton.

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

I have a 2013 Equilibrium 00. I originally had a budget of £1.5k but I liked riding the Genesis so much I ended up buying it and saving myself £1k (I got it on offer.)

Looks great, is comfortable and solid on the descent. I think it is more "ride" than "race" as Genesis market it as but if that is what you want it for I recommend it highly.
I actually got it as I wanted a good training and commuting bike (my office is 27 miles away so a good round trip), also I have some serious hills and rough roads were I live. Mainly though I wanted something I could comfortably do a 100 miles a day on without being in agony, as you did I got my bike on a great offer price, but I only had a budget of £750 to play with, as it was I saved a few hundred but still got a serious bike.

michaelcycle

I actually got it as I wanted a good training and commuting bike (my office is 27 miles away so a good round trip), also I have some serious hills and rough roads were I live. Mainly though I wanted something I could comfortably do a 100 miles a day on without being in agony, as you did I got my bike on a great offer price, but I only had a budget of £750 to play with, as it was I saved a few hundred but still got a serious bike.

Sounds like a good fit for you.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom