Giant Expressions stolen in Bournemouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Great news lets hope it is yours
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
slugonabike

slugonabike

If it is, he will in future be securely locked if he is left alone for even a moment!

OP
OP
slugonabike

slugonabike

LOL, mcginty!

Polissman phoned this morning and it certainly sounds as if it is Hiho so he has released it for me to collect :bravo:

It was found dumped at the other end of the prom. I can't fit the carrier onto the car at the moment (due to the back/sciatica problem I might just have mentioned in this thread!) so Mr Slug will probably collect it for me this evening :smile:

OP
OP
slugonabike

slugonabike

Hiho is home, apart from a missing mirror he seems to be undamaged but I haven't had a good look yet. It seems he was dumped when whoever took him saw something they liked better. I don't know whether to be ecstatic or deeply offended :biggrin: .

Norm

Hiho is home, apart from a missing mirror he seems to be undamaged but I haven't had a good look yet. It seems he was dumped when whoever took him saw something they liked better. I don't know whether to be ecstatic or deeply offended :biggrin: .
:biggrin: When my bike was nicked, my son was in tears.

I thought it was sweet until he said "What's so wrong with mine that they didn't nick it too?"

soulful dog

Veteran
Good to hear you got your bike back slug, and I wouldn't be offended about it being dumped, just think it of one of the plus points of owning the bike you do! Mine is of a similar style and I only have a cable lock but despite staying in what is probably a high crime area, haven't had anyone steal it yet.  I'll eventually change it for something newer and lighter (I'm always tempted by the Carrera Subway when on sale), but I'm wary of the fact that whatever I replace it with is probably more likely to get nicked. 

:laugh: @ Norm

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
great to hear that the bike is back Slug :smile:

I went somewhere in the UK recently and left my bike unlocked for three days outside and it wasn't nicked, so yes, you are very wrong.

I left my MTB D-locked to the back of my house (on street) for 2 months with the key in the lock
blush.gif
so it's definitely not true everywhere. People also tend to just leave their bikes unlocked outside shops round here as well.

Top Bottom