Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Not at all. It was a classic 'tag-team' double attack. Super-dom goes first to try to break the opponent, and then the leader goes once the opponent looks done in.

Have to say, I didn't see it that way either. It might have looked like that when Landa attacked on Finistre but there seemed to be a lot of chaos and confusion from there to the finish. They certainly weren't putting it to Hesjedal, Kruijswijk et al. I don't think Landa helped matters by pinching the Cima Coppi from Zakarin either - he was never going to get Zakarin to help after that.

Roscoe

Veteran
Still think Astana messed up big time. They were putting Bert in serious trouble. They had enough riders to come back together and almost TT to the finish, Bert had nobody. Too much emphasis on getting Aru the stage win. Landa could have and should have stolen the Giro.

Very surprised at Martinelli decision making.

Anyway, points Jersey still up for grabs today so should be another good one.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
On another note..

Cav was holding Cal Crutchlow's helmet at Mugello earlier..:whistle:
says his next race is Tour of Switzerland then its Le Tour

I don't think Landa helped matters by pinching the Cima Coppi from Zakarin either - he was never going to get Zakarin to help after that.
That wasn't clever was it. Landa has struck me as naive to the point of stupidity in most of the interviews he's given. He'll have to wise up if he wants to lead a team and be a bit more circumspect.

This news amused me today

Coledan fined for waiting at the line

Every day, the UCI produce a naughty list of all the riders and directeur sportifs that have been given a penalty for various infractions such as illegal feeds, hanging onto cars too long or, in Richie Porte’s case, an illegal wheel change. Marco Coledan (Trek Factory Racing) was given one of the more unusual fines of the Giro d’Italia after he stopped just before the finish line in Sestriere.

Coledan has been in his own personal battle with Roger Kluge for the lantern rouge, or maglia nera as it used to be known. Coledan was 6:20 down on Kluge at the start of the day and wanted to ensure he kept himself rooted to the bottom of the standings so he pulled up a few hundred metres from the line and waited for the IAM Cycling rider so they could go over together.

The pair seemed fairly jovial as they crossed the line, according to cyclingpro.net, but the UCI was not too amused and slapped Coledan with a 500 CHF fine, stating that: "Riders shall sportingly defend their own luck. Any collusion or behaviour likely to distort or harm the interests of the competition is forbidden.”

Coledan, however, remains at the bottom of the overall classification some 6 hours 40 behind Alberto Contador

Durbridge for the sprint finish, methinks.

Top Bottom