Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Me: "Hey, Dad. You should run in the "Run or Dye 5K" with me!

Dad: "What on earth makes you think I would want to run?" He continues...

"Hello, my name's Andrew, I don't think we've ever met! I'll be brightly coloured alright! My cheeks will be blue, and my legs will be brown where I've crapped myself because I've ran five kilometres and DIED!"

Me: "So, I take it you don't want to enter, then?"

gbb

Legendary Member
Work is about 1.5 miles as the crow flies from a parachute centre. We look out from the workshop onto a fen landscape..and if I have my glasses on, I can see the parachuters exit from the plane, plummet for about 10 seconds, chute open, then they float down to the airfield.
im watching this dot, plummeting downward, the chute opens...and a dark shape continues to plummet from the chute..:huh::whistle:..i say to my colleague..
'Jesus, i hope thats not something going wrong :sad:'

'it' continued to plummet for another 5 seconds...what seemed an eternity...and then another parachute opened.
:whistle: i think what happened was there were two guys close to each other, one pulled, the other fell further before pulling. It looked scary for those what seemed endless seconds...
I ended with..'thank fcuk for that' :whistle:

Later...talking with the line supervisor, i asked
'who else needed training on some new machinery '
'who has just been done ?'
'Donatas' (Lithuanian machine op)
':huh:..you mean Renatas' (another Lithuanian machine op)
'No, Donatas'
'No, Its Renatas'
'Eh, then why does Renatas wear a high viz with Donatas written on it ?'
'He probably cant find his so he wears Donatas'
Me...'Jesus, I struggle remembering everyones name as It is, without that kind of thing :wacko::laugh:

jhawk

Veteran
Dad: "How's everything?" (He's away for the day)

Me: "Not bad! Nobody has been sick or crapped themselves, as tends to happen when I'm home with the dogs."

Dad: "Stop eating spicy food and go to the toilet before you go to bed, and it should stop."

Me: "NOT ME! Our four legged friends!"

Dad: "We only have four friends with legs?"

Me: -___________________- :dry::dry:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
2971034 said:
Woman on pavement to cyclist waiting at a red light. "Can I just commend you for respecting the stop line? So many cyclists don't."

Lights change, cyclist rides off shaking his head slightly.
Was the cyclist you? Instead of the head shake a "why, thank you!" would have been nice.
The real "nice way" code :thumbsup:

jhawk

Veteran
Dad's friend: "Sesame Street, you guys didn't get that in the UK, right?"

Dad: "Sesame Street... yeah, we had that in the UK. We watched it to dumb us down for when we were speaking to Colonies."...

"BADUM TISSSSSSS*

jhawk

Veteran
Several years ago... There's a funeral going on across the road.

Me: "They've had a lot of bad luck... Haven't they?"

Dad: "Whose that?"

Me: "The Thompsons... every time a hearse pulls up there's always a 'Thompson' on the coffin..."

Dad: "That's because... my dear boy, that's name of the funeral company." I have never felt so stupid...

OP
OP
C

Crackle

My near neighbour who had the minor stroke a while back. His memory still flickers but he no longer calls me Des.

Him: All right, you all right?
Me: yep, you?
Him: I was just talking to that bloke across the road. I asked him if I knew him, he said no. So I asked him did he know me, he said no. Which is funny 'cause I didn't know him.
him: He's lived down the road all his life, like.
him: Good to know, I didn't know him, you know.
Him: Anyway...

The thing is, I knew exactly what he meant.

gbb

Legendary Member
Me to colleague...
'I was putting my feet on this morning...err..:wacko:'
colleague...:laugh:

Later...

5 warehouse guys are stood looking across the panorama, watching the lorry theyre waiting to load...disappearing down a lane that runs past our factory..the drivers missed the turning...
me to them...
'haha, get yer forklift and chase after him ^_^'
Giving back as good, one shouts back...
'i heard he's an engineer as well, bloody useless :thumbsup: '(a sideswipe at me)
not wanting to be beaten...i replied...
'nah, he couldnt drink enough tea :headshake:?..anyway, split it up guys, it looks embarrasing, all you lot stood there..hands rustling about In your pockets :gun::laugh:

Top Bottom