Giyo Floor Pump Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Complete novice, so bear with me. Bought a Giyo 'Air Supply' floor pump, which has a reversible head for Presta and Schrader valves. It's currently set to Schrader, but for the life of me I can't work out how to set it to Presta. The diagram they provide is useless. Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
A

AlgernonSourgravy

Should have mentioned that the model is a GF-31.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Hmmm, don't know about this particular make/model but it's usually a question of unscrewing the whatsit, reversing the thingummy and then screwing the whatsit back on again... but, for about a quid you can get an adaptor that screws onto your valve and converts it, temporarily, from a presta to a schrader valve so there's no need to change the pump at all. This chap shows how it works... http://bicycletutor.com/presta-valve/

festival

Über Member
as a rule if the pump head doesn't have 2 holes, one presta , one schrader or a head that takes either valve without having to do anymore push straight on & pump ,you will have to the the following.

unscrew the cap, remove the rubber bit then the plastic bit that's underneath. make sure you take note of which way round they are. turn the plastic bit around and put back in. now do the same with the rubber bit. screw cap back on and your done.

the plastic at the bottom again with the rubber above but each piece reversed

there are many pumps using this method, generally the plastic and rubber bits differ from model to model but the principle is the same

OP
OP
A

AlgernonSourgravy

Thanks for the advice, guys. It was indeed a case of taking the end bit off, removing all the pieces, reversing them, and replacing. All sorted now.

Top Bottom