Glasgow Skyride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't really remember much about them all on account of me just making sure that I didn't crash into the kids in front (or me chasing/slipstreaming the faster ones - chase the bum ...which sounds wrong, I know, but it is nontheless, an acccurate description of riding behind someone putting effort into their pedals), but I saw a woman on a trike cycling around playing music and a bike done up as a Viking boat amongst other things.

Yes, actually, I probably did see it.

As for Chris, I am sure I could have got the top signed if I had tried hard enough, but hey, I'm sure there will be other chances in the future, such as next years run, etc etc.

- chase the bum ...

Thanks to the women for making the ride a pleasure with lots to look at
ohmy.gif

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Right I am signed up for the local run this morning, but I'm not looking forwards to it at all!

I haven't been too well the last few days and haven't eaten much (until last night), I didn't get any real sleep last night and this run today is the 30 mile one with quite a few hills apparently.

At least the weather looks fairly reasonable, and it'll be finished by 2, so I'd better get going here and eat a decent breakfast.

I'll just have to be honest to the people there and explain why I might potenttially be a bit crap later on in the ride! :blush:

I'm feeling bad about it (although usually these things never are as bad as one imagines as I tend to have more stamina than I realise), but I need to do it to claim all my freebees at the end (typical Scot)!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!:wacko:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well, that didn't go too badly until about the last quarter when the hills caught up with me (and a few others, it has to be said!).

Doug - tired but ...no ....I'm just tired.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Right, if anyone here is doing either the 28 mile run out to the Campsies, OR the West End Tour* tomorrow, then I'll be the dork in the Cycle Chat top.

* - I'm doing two in one day to get all of the freebies I can from a total of 10 rides! :rolleyes:

Thankfully the second run is a kiddie's one, although it's still 12 miles.:blush: :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't even want to talk about those two runs, they were HORRENDOUS!!

Well, ok, see here from the Welcome part of the forum after someone from Glasgow just joined:

'Hello!
I see my shameless plugging of this Forum has worked!! :biggrin:

I was out on two SkyRide Local Glasgow runs yesterday (Sunday) wearing my black, orange and white version of the Cycle Chat Cycling top.
The first was out to the foot of the Campsies at Lennoxtown and Torrance, via Milngavie et al, and the second was a tour of the West End. They both started at the Kelvin Hall and Kelvin Bridge respectively.

Unfortunately I didn't exactly give this forum a good showing up as no less than 3 main individual technical problems as well as a few small problems with my bike started to develop, particularly on the West End ride, and the up shot of it is that it is now at Magic Cycles in Bowling gettting repaired! (I took it right there).

Combined with a higher than usual number of embarrasssing falls caused by the clipless pedals, it was by far and away my worst day on the bike since....... well, ever!...... hell, even my drinks cage broke (I kid you not), that's how hideous it was!! :blush:

I truly wish I had just stayed in bed instead, it genuinely was one of those days.

Oh yeah, anyway, yes WELCOME!!'

Top Bottom