Glasgow Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lesley_x

Über Member
Has anyone managed to get in for accreditation recently? The website is dire, took me ages to get registered and set up. I had got up early, got the booking but hadn't paid until I checked I was off work and they're all gone! Now I need to wait until the next ones are released. Surely they could put more Accred 1's on?!

Anyone else having this issue?

zizou

Veteran
There has been problems with bottlenecks in the system from day one it got better for a while but presumably it has gone backward again which isnt great if they want to capitalise on renewed interest after the commonwealth games.

Next time you book just pay to confirm it straight away - if you cant then make it you should be able to re-arrange to a later date, you may need to do this in person at the front desk.

OP
OP
lesley_x

lesley_x

Über Member
My concern was that the sessions are so choc full I might not get it rearranged but I'm regretting not just going for it, as that's me having to wait until the next dates are released. Especially as my colleague has now got back to me and I am off work that day, damn!

I can't understand it cause when I walked in to sort out the account being messed up at the beginning there were about 7 staff standing doing nothing at the front desk. It doesn't seem particularly efficient to me.

Oh well

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Yeah, it is truly unfortunate that the organization of the registration is so poor. The coaches and sessions are top notch quality.

Martin McNeely

I started trying to get mine last October and never did 1 until January. They say it goes live online at 6am and 9 am on the phone. Once you get one you'll fly throughout the rest.its worth the wait.
I've only recently completed level 4 due to road cycling season starting[tt]. I've now done some drop ins and got my own bike. Hoping to start the track league after a few endurance sessions etc.
stick with it, with the commonwealth games/winter coming etc there is a lot of interest again.

OP
OP
lesley_x

lesley_x

Über Member
Finally got booked in :thumbsup: Impending surgery may mean I have to cancel but hoping the NHS are suitably slow and allow me to at least so accred 1.

Is a long sleeved top a good idea? I only have loose fitting cycling shorts, do you reckon this is okay?

Bit scared of riding fixed wheel but buzzing at the same time!

OP
OP
lesley_x

lesley_x

Über Member
Passed accred 1 :thumbsup: Going for accred 2 start of November.

Damn it's hard work though!

Is there a big jump from accred 1 to accred 2? I know accred 3 gets really tough.

zizou

Veteran
Passed accred 1 :thumbsup: Going for accred 2 start of November.

Damn it's hard work though!

Is there a big jump from accred 1 to accred 2? I know accred 3 gets really tough.

Well done

It is more of a progression on what happens in 1 rather than a big jump, working on some skills like riding in a string / line and what to do when your turn on the front is over. Dont worry about speed its about doing the drills properly.

At stage 2 the most important thing is to remember to keep pedalling when you swing up after your turn on the front. Think of it like having to go up a mini hill so keep the pressure on the pedals. Accred 2 was the only part of the accred process where i saw a couple of riders forget the keep pedalling advice - once their time on the front was finished i guess they subconciously switched off and eased up too much and perhaps went to freewheel. So remember to keep the legs going round and before you know it youll be doing it without needing to think about it :smile:

Top Bottom