Glastonbury. £233 for four days of this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I went twice back in the early 1980s, and apart from having my camera and a stash of beer stolen, had a fab time.
Went to a few 'family-friendly' festivals when the kids were younger, and now they're older, they've all done one or two with their mates.
Haven't been near Glasto in years, but the impression I get is that it's been almost completely adopted by middle-classes-with-money (not all middle-class people have money, though :okay:), and is largely populated by people who are working there for the BBC :smile:

IBarrett

Über Member
Rather spend £200 inc fuel, food & beer going to Le Mans for 5 days
If you can do 5 days in Le Mans for £200 I'd be interested to hear how.
I'm at about £400 already for LM Classic and I haven't even put my bum in the car yet.
And this is a cheap year - LM24 is usually a lot more expensive.

As for Glasto
No.
Thank you but no. I'd rather poke myself in the eye.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I went twice back in the early 1980s, and apart from having my camera and a stash of beer stolen, had a fab time.
Went to a few 'family-friendly' festivals when the kids were younger, and now they're older, they've all done one or two with their mates.
Haven't been near Glasto in years, but the impression I get is that it's been almost completely adopted by middle-classes-with-money (not all middle-class people have money, though :okay:), and is largely populated by people who work for the BBC :smile:

I used to work at the festival in the early to mid 90s mainly trying in vain to stop people jumping the fence. I went again last year as a punter last year with my 7 year old daughter. It has changed, but it is not a significant change the ethos is still there and there are enough interesting people there to get what the festival is/was all about. I certainly will be back.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Le Mans - I did £200 before the drivers parade on beer alone - at least dodging security at 3am on the Mulsanne straight sobers you up.

Glenn

Veteran
There were 4 in the car, with the trailer tent attached it averaged 42mpg (BMW 520D) over 1150 miles, £129 of fuel (Super-U was selling diesel at 89p/litre)

Bleu Nord camping & General Admission £103 each
Ferry - Dover/Calais £116
Food/Beer 160 euros
Extras - Gas refill, car euro insurance, adding driver to car insurance, cheap beer deal in Morrisons, etc £150

Works out at £234.25 each

If you can do 5 days in Le Mans for £200 I'd be interested to hear how.
I'm at about £400 already for LM Classic and I haven't even put my bum in the car yet.
And this is a cheap year - LM24 is usually a lot more expensive.

As for Glasto
No.
Thank you but no. I'd rather poke myself in the eye.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Um, it's not shoot, it's mud. And wallowing is optional.

Perhaps he was talking about the bands/music.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Back in the 80's we just used to sneak through the fence. I was going to pay the first time I went but an official CND steward was selling wristbands at a fiver each. I just treated it as a free festival from then onwards.

I have a friend working down at Glastonbury for 2 weeks, the company he works for supplies all the temporary fencing and roadways.
He says the carparks and some bits of the campsites are a mudfest but the majority of the site is OK.
Lucky beggar gets to see the whole festival and get paid for it. Even has an Access All Areas pass

Top Bottom