Glastonbury. £233 for four days of this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have been to Glastonbury twice and I don'the remember it ever being that pricey.
Cheapskate ....

I have been to Glastonbury twice and I don'the remember it ever being that pricey.
_48152656_glastonbury_price_466.gif

(and that only until 2010, when it was still less than £200)

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Back in the 80's we just used to sneak through the fence. I was going to pay the first time I went but an official CND steward was selling wristbands at a fiver each. I just treated it as a free festival from then onwards.

I used to worry I was incredibly square because I actually bought a ticket. Everyone I met had jumped over a fence, or crawled through a tunnel, or bribed a steward with a can of lager, or used an acetylene torch to cut a hole through the fence, or stowed away in Michael Eavis's Landrover, or disguised themselves as one of his cows. Then they toughened up security and it became impossible to buy a ticket any more. But by then I'd decided I was bored with it anyway.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
_48152656_glastonbury_price_466.gif

(and that only until 2010, when it was still less than £200)
Wow! That's quite a table. And even that only takes us up to 2010, since when the price has apparently risen another £50 - ie, by more than a quarter, during a period of negligible inflation. Serious money going somewhere.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wow! That's quite a table. And even that only takes us up to 2010, since when the price has apparently risen another £50 - ie, by more than a quarter, during a period of negligible inflation. Serious money going somewhere.
It probably mirrors the cost of Hunter wellies and London house prices.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There is an alternative to Glastonbury that is very affordable, and very highly rated.

http://www.glastonbudget.org/events/glastonbudget-2017/#
Some friends of mine are playing at that

[edit: it's already been, I think... but they've played at it a few times]

Last edited:
Top Bottom