Going camping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Make sure that you have decent sleeping bags. I slept well in my three season bag on my first cycle camp of 2014 on March 1st. It was a very sunny weekend.....

1920384_10152272544733330_282248655_n.jpg

1920315_10152272544823330_389836758_n.jpg

Last edited:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm camping on 12th and 13th September, it better be warmer than Vernons photos.

It's bound to be warm. It's the start of the new school term.:thumbsup:

I can't say the same about the night time temperatures though. I was shivering in Budapest last month. The night time temperature dropped to 11 degrees. Mind you I had been spoiled a fortnight earlier with day time temperatures of 33 degrees and night time temperatures of 22 degrees.

Durian

Über Member
Don't worry the weather will be fine next week and carry on until the end of September. I'm returning to the motherland for this period of time and it's always decent weather when I'm there.

snorri

Legendary Member
Even with a good sleeping bag it is important to have a goodly space between the ground and the sleeping bag. I was finding my lower body (when lying down!) was colder than my upper half until I upgraded to an Exped air bed.

Edit Which is just a variation of what OTH said further upthread!

Batgirl

In Disguise!
So will you all do a " sun dance" for next week please ^_^ as we are going to try out camping for 3 nights.Not going far from home, only to Withernsea,also taking the bikes with us so hopefully get a few miles in exploring the countryside.Really looking forward to it as its the 1st little holiday we've had in a long time .
Love camping :smile: Have a great time!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I get to go last weekend in September, with the District's Cubs. Always great fun, but no bike despite being bang in the middle of perfect cycling in the Surrey hills.

Top Bottom