Going for a little ride to Hastings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Got a couple of days left to take of annual leave before April. The weather looks good so I am aiming to cycle to Hastings from dartford on Wednesday morning, for a spot of fish and chips on the beach before returning. Should with any luck break my imperial century duck :smile:

Michaelt

Good luck, it'll be a nice ride, if I had some leave left I'd join you!

OP
OP
Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I dartford to farningham round about turn left past west kingsdown, down wrotham hill along seven mile lane, yalding, goudhurst, hawkhurst, out to the a21 turn left to hasting, came back the same way

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I dartford to farningham round about turn left past west kingsdown, down wrotham hill along seven mile lane, yalding, goudhurst, hawkhurst, out to the a21 turn left to hasting, came back the same way

Nice one. Know those places/route very well.. how many miles and how long it take you?
You're going to have to set a new target on MyCyclingLog :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Nice one. Know those places/route very well.. how many miles and how long it take you?
You're going to have to set a new target on MyCyclingLog :thumbsup:

Yeah I wasn't sure what target to originally set and how the cycling would go. But I've got the bug, mind you the last 20 miles were quite uncomfortable I had cramping of the calves and quads had to stop a couple of times to stretch out. I think I went at it a bit hard and underestimated the ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah I wasn't sure what target to originally set and how the cycling would go. But I've got the bug, mind you the last 20 miles were quite uncomfortable I had cramping of the calves and quads had to stop a couple of times to stretch out. I think I went at it a bit hard and underestimated the ride.

Get some High5 and put in your water bottle. It's very good for helping stopping cramp.

OP
OP
Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Get some High5 and put in your water bottle. It's very good for helping stopping cramp.

Thanks for the advice, Which high 5 product was you refering to, 4:1 endurance drink or High 5 energy source or X'treme ?

Top Bottom