Gonna give the clips up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@biggs682 its lookin that way dude. If I went spd's it's a new pair of shoes

i might have a few pairs

If not, I've got a pair of "normal" pedals without clips buckles or anything else, they got took off my new mtb at point of sale... come and have a looksee if you want - I'm in Warrington too!

Wouldn't want much for them, a tenner like..

BB

broady

Veteran
@Wetdog
I have flat pedals in my work bikes most of the time as I have to wear shoes. But if it's a day just in the office the I put the spd pedals on as they are dead easy to unclip in traffic etc. The cleats are metal so wear better than the plastic spd-sl ones.

I find flats are functional, but they aren't any fun.

Also, are you sure your shoes can't take the two bolt cleats to? A lot can, even though they aren't then recessed.

U

User32269

Don't ask me why but I have these in my Carbon/ Alu Basso ....

$T2eC16hHJFsFFR764bg2BSLhCtP0wg~~60_35.JPG

Shaun
I've got a set the same but find the clip on platforms too small, had more "moments" than being clipped in!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yeh, but SPD pedals look like miniature bear / man traps and that gives me the willies. I literally have no mechanical understanding of what all those innards do.
A look pedal is a thing of beauty and simplicity. :-)
A520s look OK on a road bike.
sha521-1.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
M520 for the win, single sided clipless pedals like the A520 are a faff, as the mechanism seems to always be on the bottom, although might be ok with flipping the pedal to clip in if used to SPDSLs

M520 are double sided and well under £20 new with cleats :smile:

Look good on a roadbike too IMO

My knees aren't great but no issues, more of an ankle than knee twist. I use single release cleats as I'm used to them but you might like the multi release SH56. Will have to buy separately from the pedals I think

Last edited:
Top Bottom