good day turned bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
It is not uncommon for OEM parts and non OEM parts to be exactly the same parts. Allegedly.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
One of my sister's dodgy boyfriends worked in a main dealer in London. They used to get loads of company cars in for their regular service. Standard treatment was a 'spit service': ie, open the bonnet, look at the engine, say 'yeah, looks fine', spit on the engine block and close the bonnet. Their mechanics were routinely handing in - and being paid on the basis of - timesheets showing 150+ hours a week. Why should the guv'nor give a shoot? Every hour was being charged out to punters with a 70% markup.

OP
OP
W

Willow

To add insult to injury, I cycled to work as planned and left car for garage to collect. When I got home the car was back duly fixed but I have received no contact at all to say what they didn't do or even apologise for the inconvenience I think that's terrible. The original letter I sent to Vauxhall was done before I realised the car would have to go back in. If they don't cough up for the bill I shall be adding my comments regarding the lack of apology.

Forgot to say in first note that car has already had a new alternator this year - broke down on drive as opposed to on the road which meant I had to fork out £80 quid for the AA to come out - the alternator was replaced under warranty.

Top Bottom