good email java script to avoid spammers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
Hi looking to put an email link script on a website. i used to know of a script that separated the elements of an address so avoid spmmers. does anyone know of a good one?

Carwash

Señor Member
mr Mag00 said:
Hi looking to put an email link script on a website. i used to know of a script that separated the elements of an address so avoid spmmers. does anyone know of a good one?

Yes. Dan Benjamin's Enkoder is excellent. http://hivelogic.com/enkoder

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
A lot of these javascript e-mail links have now been reverse engineered by the spammers and they have start to look for them, you can see search patterns of the spam harvesting bots in your access logs. If you have php available I can recommend this contact form, you don't need to know any php to use it...

Carwash

Señor Member
Catrike UK said:
I would be more inclined to use php.

The OP asked for JavaScript. However, if we're going going with server-side scripting instead, I would be more inclined to use a proper language. :tongue:

twowheelsgood

How 'bout you do something dead simple, like two character strings. Sum the ascii codes of each character of the two strings and you get the real email address or even just subtract number from each ascii code? Say the index into the string?

"test@somemail.com" -> "scpp;mhecV]_ S]"

I used this on a very old site I put up years ago. Never got a single spam.

Top Bottom