Good LED lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharpy

I've got a very similar set as my back up lights.. they're great to be seen with so they do perfect in lit up areas, but if you're riding on unlit roads they're naff.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I got a set as a freebie that looks identical apart from being a single LED rather than twin like those. Great as an emergency backup but I wouldn't want to use them as my main lights.

As @Shaun says, let us know what they're like.

Sharky

Guru
I've never used ones like these. I suspect the batteries are "silver button" batteries and I don't know how long they would last. I use AAA rechargeable batteries in all my back up lights and carrying spare batteries is never a problem.

I use front and rear flashing lights for day riding as well, so just unsure or how practical the little ones would be. I must admit, when I see them on other people's bikes, they look neat.

Just picked up a new red rear flashing light from ASDA, made by Bell for around £5 and this will be going on my TT bike. Asda do seem to do an occasional snippet on their bike shelves. Track mits for about £8 and full fingered track gloves for £10.

Cheers keith

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've never used ones like these. I suspect the batteries are "silver button" batteries and I don't know how long they would last. I use AAA rechargeable batteries in all my back up lights and carrying spare batteries is never a problem.
You're right - the ones I have take two 2032 batteries each. I'm sure you can get them cheap on-line but if you needed to nip into a shop to get some they're about £3 each.:ohmy:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The Phaart lights from On One/Planet X are pretty good value. I have the Aeon and the Bleep - loads of light for under a tenner (at the time of writing).:thumbsup:

Klassikbike

They can also be simple and very good, I would recomment these and they don't cost a lot http://www.amazon.co.uk/CatEye-Bicycle-TL-LD135-R-Bicycling-Cycling/dp/B00DVHJ47Y I know of people who had the simmilar predecessor and they still use them today 15+ years of usage and they never had any problem.
If I remember correctly they use 2 AAA batteries and they should run for about 300 hours.
Value for money wise they are very very good. (I had them on my previous bike)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You're right - the ones I have take two 2032 batteries each. I'm sure you can get them cheap on-line but if you needed to nip into a shop to get some they're about £3 each.:ohmy:

I have found Poundland or Poundstretcher do a multipack of coin batteries pretty cheap including four 2032 batteries among other types too..

Sorry I can't recall precisely which shop but it was about £1.99 for the whole pack.

They seem to last OK in my bike computer.

Hi All

I was looking for some cheap LED lights and noticed these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00JWP8TF2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Has anyone purchased them/tried them out, I have ordered a set and will see how they go! Seems to be a new make.

I got some of these very cheap in the co-op, the white one's casing slightly glows in the dark, the fixings are rubbish, like someone made a load then realised they'd forgotten to add the clip to attach them....so shoved in a bit of ill fitting plastic.

Get the Planet x strap on's £1.99
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPHSOFL/phaart-strap-on-led-light. Good as a back up/emergency lights and cheaper. (just about enough light to get you home on unlit tracks too)

Last edited:

Snapper88

Search ebay - Moon Crescent Front and Rear USB Light Set

not sure about the front light but highly recommend the rear & usb rechargeable worth every penny. Have 2 of the rear lights one on slow flash one static

Top Bottom