Got a new a hobby......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Professional Comping........

Not just messing about entering 1 competition every month or so but entering over a hundred in the last few days...

I've been hanging around moneysavingexperts forum but found some posters a bit rude and trollie on there and as I've not got cash problems never bothered signing up but their competition thread is fab with people posting links to free internet competitions.....

I've reactivated an old email address that I don't mind getting spam to and gone for it..... I have only be entering competitions for prizes me or immediate family can use.......

the current list of competitions entered consists of at least 3 bikes, a turbo trainer, 6 televisions, 6 tablet computers, 5 weekend breaks, 2 fridge freezers, 2 washers, 4 coffee machines 4 watches, shopping vouchers, toy packages, various hampers and other odd items ... the list is massive ..

At first I was entering ones that ended next year but went back nearly a hundred pages on the thread finding ones finishing in the next week.....

will let you know if I win owt:thumbsup:

OP
OP
simon the viking
They have a 'I won' thread and loads of MSE forum members have bagged top prizes.... So I assume most prizes go to people who comp professionally.... People have posted that they are still shaking after finding out they have won a £1000 tele or 2 weeks in Sydney....

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had a friend whose mum did this back in the 1980's when entering competiotions was much harder than it is today. You had to post off entry forms, collect food labels and come up with a clever "tie-breaker" slogan.
She won loads of stuff, but gave up once competions became a money making schemes and too easy to enter.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
If you enter everything you see (and I do mean everything), you're bound to win something. I know a couple of people who've done this & they both did quite well. From memory, the biggest hauls were a Garden shed full of the latest gardening equipment (which was handy, given that she lived in a flat...cue ebay!), a mountain bike and a trip to Disneyland Paris. Good luck out there!

OP
OP
simon the viking
If you enter everything you see (and I do mean everything), you're bound to win something. I know a couple of people who've done this & they both did quite well. From memory, the biggest hauls were a Garden shed full of the latest gardening equipment (which was handy, given that she lived in a flat...cue ebay!), a mountain bike and a trip to Disneyland Paris. Good luck out there!
Ive literally entered a hundred...... sort of carpet bombing.... I know I will get spam from it but hey-ho......

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Good luck!

An elderly aunt used to do this when she first retired- mainly the 'tie-break ones. We got a holiday at Parc Asterix from her when the children were small... it was one of the best holidays we've had!

Please let us know what you win, and if you need any help with obscure things!

OP
OP
simon the viking
Good luck, I'm not much of a lucky person myself when it comes to competitions.
Would be nice to hear someone wins these things!

Also misread first line as 'Professional Camping'.....took some thinking about.

Talking about camping I think I entered one for a £300 2 man expedition tent..... Ideal for that LEJOG I keep threatening to do.....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A friend does it. Mind you she isnt in full time employment. She regularly wins stuff. Its what I call stuff, nothing you really need, but DVDs etc.

OP
OP
simon the viking
UPDATE..... (or thread resurrection)
About a month in and had 2 wins.... nothing massive but a nice pen that retails at £25 on Amazon and the latest Christmas TOP GEAR DVD..... still waiting for the massive tele or bike though!!!!

I am spending at least 2 to 3 hours a day comping though Mrs V is beginning to get a little P****d off with me as she cant use the laptop from 8pm till 11.00 pm every night......

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
A BIG WIN!!!!!
won an Acer tablet worth £150.... Mrs V told Little-un and he seems to think its going to be his!!! er nooooooo!!!! (and the same answer to mrs V as well) but we have bought him one of the new 6 inch Kindle fires for Christmas otherwise I reckon I would have had to fight him for it

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Back in 2008 I won 2 ITV competitions totalling over £20k, a cruise and other stuff.

Since then I've not won much, but then I don't have time to enter them at the moment.

A certain person on here was inspired to start again and won £2000 (apparently) ... but I've not heard a "thanks" from him, or an offer to buy coffee and cake :whistle:

Top Bottom