Got "doored" today, partly my fault...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
not your fault, cars should be parked before people start bailing out!

I prefer filtering down the outside as I think that is safer.

icowden

Veteran
As others have said - report to the school. They would likely consider it a safeguarding issue. It's not acceptable to dump your kid out into traffic unsafely.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why he undertook, you could not call it filtering, I will never know,
Probably he knew and there was space. You shouldn't call it undertook unless you're some sort of MGIF nutter who believes no two-wheeler should ever pass you. The word is an attempt to stigmatise a perfectly legal behaviour that most cars are too wide to do.

grldtnr

Tough call, as a motorcyclist ,I never filter inside, its not expected, as a cyclist i do, inside & Out frpdnfant on the road.
If the passenger is getting out ,they ought to make sure it's safe, first, ultimately the driver is responsible, but heck they don't even notice cyclist in the first place, unless your cycling in prime position, in which case your winding them up!
It does depend on if you were being safe in the first place.
Thats the tough call

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Filtering is at your own risk but the car driver is also committing an offence by allowing the door to be opened without due care and attention.

Probably he knew and there was space. You shouldn't call it undertook unless you're some sort of MGIF nutter who believes no two-wheeler should ever pass you. The word is an attempt to stigmatise a perfectly legal behaviour that most cars are too wide to do.

Please sir, I apologise for stigmatising that motor cyclist by using that terrible word "undertook" in a pejorative way. "Passed me on the inside" sounds so much more friendly than "undertook". I feel terrible now, have learned the error of my ways and will never "undertake" any traffic, moving or still, on my bike in future...except in a bike lane, if that is OK.

Slick

Guru
Another who thinks that the fault lies entirely with the occupants of the car. Glad your OK and the bike doesn't need major surgery. Take care

Top Bottom