Got my accreditation!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Did a couple of taster sessions about 18 months or so ago to get the blue slip. Then did 5 taster improver sessions to get the pink slip. That was the hardest step to get through. I got through the green slip skills session in May, and last night on a roasting hot night inside the NCC, I got the yellow slip as an accredited track rider. Pretty chuffed with that, as it was something I set my sights on doing pretty much straight after my first taster session, I enjoyed it so much.

So, what now? What do you other accredited folk do with it. I'm going to book up on some SQTs but don't really have racing in mind. For me, it's more about skills and fitness, rather than competition. I guess I should also think about buying a track bike. Any recommendations?

young Ed

Veteran
congrats continue to achieve more and more :bicycle::sweat:
i have no idea what all these diffrent colour slips mean but im guessing they are some sort of thing similar to belts in martial arts?
Cheers Ed

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
congrats continue to achieve more and more :bicycle::sweat:
i have no idea what all these diffrent colour slips mean but im guessing they are some sort of thing similar to belts in martial arts?
Cheers Ed

I don't know how martial arts works, but the slips at the track are just hoops you have to jump through in order to be allowed to ride on the track at leisure, in races and high intensity specific training sessions, i.e. it is a way of making sure the people training and racing on the track have clocked up enough track time to meet a minimum skill and experience level in order to reduce the number of crashes and/or damage to the track.

Nice job on the accreditation and for the bike, Planet X sell some of the best and best priced on the planet...

CBPXPCTB_P1.jpg

... as evidenced by the number of them I see here on the track in Texas.

Or there's Fuji...

2011-FUJI_TRACK-1_0.jpg

... and I've been riding a Fuji 1.0 for about a year on both track and road (mostly road). Absolutely rock solid frame.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Well done!

It's something I'd like to do if I ever get a job back at Manchester Airport.

OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
Out of interest how much did the accreditation cost adding up all the sessions?

Rough figures;

2 * taster sessions @ £11 incl. bike hire
5 * taster improver sessions @ £15 incl. bike hire
1 * skills session @ £25 incl. bike hire
1 * induction session @ £25 incl. bike hire

Can't remember the exact session cost but the above are close enough, so about £150 in total.

The bike hire is included in the taster and taster improver sessions but is an optional extra for the skills and induction. These are both 2 hour sessions hence the increase in cost.

Pretty good value for money IMO.

Top Bottom