Greetings from Reading... (and looking for some cycling buddies!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robin78

Hello !!

I wonder if anyone can help... I live in Reading and regularly head from there towards and into the Chilterns for rides of about 50 miles. I have done a few rides with both the CTC and the Reading Cycling Club, which were great, but it's not very often I can cycle when they do... so I'm looking for other cyclists in my area who might like to ride together... I have some friends who come out sometimes, but they are a bit slower than me and my poor wife has got some sciatica from a recent cycling trip we did! ...and it would be nice to be pushed a bit. I can comfortably do about 15-16mph average on a 40-50 mile cycle, a bit more if I am in the mood. Can anyone recommend a good place/website/forum to use? Or anyone out there on this site interested?

Thanks,

Robin

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
:welcome:

Probably best off looking/posting in here http://www.cyclechat.net/forum/19-cc-and-informal-rides-clubs-and-events/ but I'm sure they'll be someone nearby that may even post in here :smile:.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi Robin
I'm Abingdon based at Ride with Didcot Phoenix, a bit too far away for you probably, but Reading must have several clubs. Stop into AW Cycles in Caversham, they're bound to know all the local clubs and outings.
Look out also for Tri clubs, they also have cycle training rides.

Top Bottom