Halfords BC discount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
Has anyone else on here recently bought a bike from Halfords on their Spend and Save offer (ended yesterday - £10 off for every £100 spent up to max £60 off for spending £600) AND then had a further 10% knocked off in-store for British Cycling discount?
I have had a call to say my Boardman Team CX is ready for pick up. At £650 minus £60 via the spend and save offer it seems like good value at £590, but before reserving it I checked with an agent on their live chat thing and he reckoned I could also gain an extra 10% off when picking the bike up by showing my British Cycling membership card. I just mentioned it to the guy on the phone now to check they were on-board with that and he said it's not applicable with the Spend and Save as that's an online reservation order and BC discount only applies to things purchased directly in-store.
I feel a bit cheeky pushing for an extra 10% on top of the savings I'm already getting but it's not a great experience to be told one thing and then have that retracted. As I have no record of the live chat that I can show them, and only know the agent to be called 'Chris' (that should narrow it down!) I'm not sure that'll carry much weight when I get to the shop?
But I also thought I'd seen other people on here mentioning using BC on top of online discounts in the past; can't find any posts now I come to search for them though!
Thanks, Andy

vickster

Legendary Member
Just ask in the shop when you pay for the bike in store. They can only say no. Stores do vary
It was discussed in another thread in the last few days

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/british-cycling-10-off-online-halfords.186664/

They've always accepted it when I've done click and collect in sutton

jamesep

Regular
if you want a further 10%, buy vouchers through the business services site, you'll need to search for a scheme code but you'll get them tomorrow if you order this morning

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry, didn't see that previous thread. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :smile:
I'd just go in and ask, don't mention you've spoken to anyone. The BC terms do say that it's not to be used with any other voucher (presumably they mean code or discount), just don't draw their attention to that fact

L Q

Über Member
I bought my CX team last week and I got the £60 spend and save and the extra 10% off as well for british cycling.

Right result.

Last edited:

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
They've always stacked the discounts when I've asked, and I usually reserve & collect (and quidco cashback). Maybe I'm cynical but I have a feeling that the gradual move towards live chat and away from email is partly so you don't have audit trail to use to call them out on this stuff....

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
They've always stacked the discounts when I've asked, and I usually reserve & collect (and quidco cashback). Maybe I'm cynical but I have a feeling that the gradual move towards live chat and away from email is partly so you don't have audit trail to use to call them out on this stuff....

I think it is more a case that they have absolutely no idea what the hell they are doing.

Take the click & collect for instance I have had multiple occasions where I have ordered something and waited and waited and waited for an email to tell me it is ready for pickup or there is a problem and had nothing, when I have gone into the branch they have no idea what I am talking about and this is because the only time they know the order even exists is when A. it turns up so they let you know it is there or B. you turn up to ask where it is apart from that they have no knowledge.

But on the up side I have had lots and lots and lots of free stuff because of this :okay:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

That's what the PrtSc button's for!

GC

D

Deleted member 23692

Got a bike for a friend last week - Subway 1 ladies for £249...

£20 spend and save discount
10% BC discount
£6.90 Quidco for buying off the website (even though it was click and collect)
£8.26 Quidco for paying in the shop with a registered card

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'd just go in and ask, don't mention you've spoken to anyone. The BC terms do say that it's not to be used with any other voucher (presumably they mean code or discount), just don't draw their attention to that fact
This is what the staff at my local said and they know i have a card.

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
That's what the PrtSc button's for!

GC
Balls, why didn't I think of that! I am so not down with the kids when it comes to technogadgetry.

Do LiveChat again and ask the same questions until you get the answer you want. Then PrtScr. :smile:
Spend and Save offer finished a few days ago so not sure I could realistically broach a conversation about it now :sad:

Will see what they say when I go to collect....I might get my mum to go in for me as she's a machine when it comes to consumer rights!

Top Bottom