Halford's Real Classic bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samanosuke

Hi all. This is my first post but i've been lurking for a while now! :arrow:

Anyway, to the topic at hand:

My girlfriend has taken a liking to a halfords exclusive classic bike: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_700703_langId_-1_categoryId_165534)

We've looked around for other alternatives but none have really fit the bill. Because this is Halford's own range, I wanted a few reviews/feedback on halford's own bikes (not neccessarily this bike in particular) from the informed before I part with my money.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Woops, I may have placed this thread in the wrong section! sorry!

ACS

Legendary Member
:arrow::rofl:

Some alternatives.

The very mention on this Hellfords on this board can cause ruptions.

Many will say avoid if you can there are better bikes out there and far better bike shops.

OP
OP
S

samanosuke

Risking opening a can of worms, is it really that bad/what could possibly go wrong?....

My girlfriend insist that £250 for a bike is a lot, but if spending a bit more can prevent a nightmare, I wouldn't mind doing just that.

However, it's the whole look of the bike which she really likes. :arrow:

Thanks for the replies so far!

beachcaster

was in Evans Cycles yesterday and they had some lovely looking ladies traditional bikes
that looked well made and specced.

Dont do the hellfords thing.

barry

wafflycat

Based on personal experience, I would not buy a bicycle from H*lf*rds. At £250, it's not the requirement to spend more, it's the requirement to be getting a bike in proper working order.

gavintc

Guru
samanosuke said:
Risking opening a can of worms, is it really that bad/what could possibly go wrong?....

r!

I wonder if you will come to rue these comments. The bike itself will be good and reasonably well manufactured. Halfords will not be involved in the process. Halfords will then ask a £5 an hour lad to build the bike from the components in the box. He may well make a 'few' mistakes. If you do decide to buy the bike, take it straight to a real bike shop for a safety inspection. You may find the forks back to front, the gears rubbing and mal-adjusted, the brakes might work. Good luck - what could possibly go wrong?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gavintc said:
I wonder if you will come to rue these comments. The bike itself will be good and reasonably well manufactured. Halfords will not be involved in the process. Halfords will then ask a £5 an hour lad to build the bike from the components in the box. He may well make a 'few' mistakes. If you do decide to buy the bike, take it straight to a real bike shop for a safety inspection. You may find the forks back to front, the gears rubbing and mal-adjusted, the brakes might work. Good luck - what could possibly go wrong?

100% Agree!

Looks OK to me too! Was looking for similar for my daughter and there's not much for £250 especially since Dawes prices rocketed. There are some raleigh's available for a similar price IIRC.
To be honest, I like it. My only comment is that the rack might not be the most rigid in the world but will do for basic light duties.
A proprt basic bike for a proper basic price. Agree, just get it looked-over by somebody competent after the Halfrauds spanner monkey has done its bit.

jimboalee

Does it have to be a new bike?

P1537_10-10-09.jpg

£20

Top Bottom