Harley riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok I know I could go on the Harley forum to ask this question but I would be interested to learn how popular they are with cyclists.
The question is if you do own one , what do you think of it.
I quite fancy now just rolling down the road and enjoying the scenery without having to exert any energy which I can do on my Beemer but suddenly Harleys are appealing to me.
However swmbo seems to think we need a new kitchen before I even think about getting one.
Over the years I have sat on a few but never found one that feels that comfortable so I would be interested in from those who agree with that or have adapted theirs to be more comfortable.
I definitely getting old because it only use to be Blades, Dukes GSXRs that would be on my radar.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ok I know I could go on the Harley forum to ask this question but I would be interested to learn how popular they are with cyclists.
The question is if you do own one , what do you think of it.
I quite fancy now just rolling down the road and enjoying the scenery without having to exert any energy which I can do on my Beemer but suddenly Harleys are appealing to me.
However swmbo seems to think we need a new kitchen before I even think about getting one.
Over the years I have sat on a few but never found one that feels that comfortable so I would be interested in from those who agree with that or have adapted theirs to be more comfortable.
I definitely getting old because it only use to be Blades, Dukes GSXRs that would be on my radar.
Congratulations and happy 70th birthday. :birthday:
How could you?! :stop:
At least it would save you acknowledging other bikers. :whistle:
I wouldn't have one myself; but I'm only 54. Too impractical for our climate IMHO; all that chrome would need too much looking after in winter. Unless of course you have a centrally heated garage with de-humidifier. No, still no use because I quite like the occasional winter ride when the weather is ok but there's still salt on the road.
Each to their own though; as always :okay:.

S-Express

The only acceptable use of a Harley engine is in a Buell or Norton featherbed frame. Any other application requires a tassled/fringed leather jacket and a pair of cowboy boots to be worn.

Venod

Eh up
all that chrome would need too much looking after in winter.

I don't think chrome is compulsory.

harley-davidson-sportster-a.jpg

I always remember sitting at some lights when a Harley drew up next to me. I immediately noticed that I couldn't really see the front wheel clearly as it was vibrating so much it was fuzzy.

MarkF

Guru
You want the "image" not just the bike. Unless you are wanting a Sportster or the the new 750, then you already know how long & heavy and lacking in "fun" they are on UK roads. I have had a 1200cc 2001 Sportster and wouldn't want a larger HD here, I loved it and they look even better now IMO. You'll be doing what the blurb says "buying a lifestyle", whether you want to or not, but, unless you have a Sportster or are a 1%'er then most people will think you are self-gratification artist, that's what comes with the bike. You don't need a Harley to roll down the road enjoying the scenery, I am buying a Van Van to do that!

I think my large capacity days are over, but I still hanker after another Sportster, it's the only credible bike in their range for me..

I live near Baildon where the annual HOG rally takes place, I like to park up my 1962 Vespa and watch their faces as the HD's suddenly become the 2nd rate attraction. I love HD Sportsters and that's about it. I don't like big HD's, black leather jackets, pot bellies or grey goatee's, it's like looking at the same bike/bloke a 1000 times.

PS. You can't escape the "lifestyle", it's the same with my Vespa, no, I don't like The bleedin Jam, The Who, parkas or mirrors.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom