Having a cardio stent fitted - recovery - anyone had this???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

If its a bypass FF you should still be back on a bike afterwards. I was banned from mine for 12 weeks, and with the instruction to build up gradually and work towards more than before. Since then I've met plenty of others who've either gone back to or taken up cycling after a bypass. You can't cycle or lift or swim until the sternum has healed back together jas otherwise you could come apart (and that's fatal)

Agree totally with you FF about warming up. Since I had the heart attack and bypass I can do most things I want to provided I start and end gradually. Forget to do that and I can knobble myself for the day in the first 5 minutes.

I think the important thing after any of these operations is to just do as you're told and discuss anything you need to with GP, cardiologist etc.

I can't order one of your shirts - never had a stent. How about the Cycle Chat Dicky Tickers? (with apologies to Allo Allo)

D

Deleted member 1258

I can't order one of your shirts - never had a stent. How about the Cycle Chat Dicky Tickers? (with apologies to Allo Allo)

Perhaps we should organize a forum ride just for those of us with dodgy tickers

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Mine took up residence in the alcove behind the computer and hasn't moved for several years.

Very good ^_^ , I could do a nice route from there.
Would it be a main arterial route?

jamin100

Guru
sorry to drag an 6 year old thread back up but I wanted to check in on you guys and see how you're doing 6 years on?

I'm 35 and had to have a stent fitted November last year which was a bit of a shock considering I've never smoked, don't drink much and have no real family historyof heart problems. I'm doing ok, fitness wise im probably better than I was before the stent and have a 100km sportive this weekend

Top Bottom