He married her for her looks not her money now she's dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I married worse!!!
I have issues

I married a real looker who turned out to be rather ugly on the inside.

Looks alone don't necessarily define a person.

Her full name was: María del Rosario Cayetana Paloma Alfonsa Victoria Eugenia Fernanda Teresa Francisca de Paula Lourdes Antonia Josefa Fausta Rita Castor Dorotea Santa Esperanza Fitz-James Stuart y de Silva Falcó y Gurtubay

At the risk of offending @RichP delicate sensibilities again...

There is a difference between historical names that reflect generations of tradition and ancestry, and those that are pain silly such as the child named after a football team

Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff Elliott Fox Iwelumo Marney Mears Paterson Thompson Wallace Preston.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
At the risk of offending @RichP delicate sensibilities again...

There is a difference between historical names that reflect generations of tradition and ancestry, and those that are pain silly such as the child named after a football team

Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff Elliott Fox Iwelumo Marney Mears Paterson Thompson Wallace Preston.

Why is that sillier? Because one is for aristocrats and the other for plebs?

Why is that sillier? Because one is for aristocrats and the other for plebs?

Simply because one recognises the value of a family's history whereas the other inflicts the sad fixation of the parents.

Had the "Pleb" (as you have decided to classify this parent) called the child after family names then there would be no difference

I don't have a middle name but I've always fancied 'custard' as one, which is a bastardisation of one I nearly got. I'd only want it to see the pause for registration after I'd said it and the odd, "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Simply because one recognises the value of a family's history whereas the other inflicts the sad fixation of the parents.

Had the "Pleb" (as you have decided to classify this parent) called the child after family names then there would be no difference

No - I haven't - I was speculating as to the reasons for the distinction you make. You appear to have bought into the idea that there is something inherently noble or 'valuable' about coming from a long line of toffs. Naming your kid after a whole team might well be pretty silly, but I'm not convinced it's any sillier than naming him or her after assorted syphilitic ancestors.

brand

No - I haven't - I was speculating as to the reasons for the distinction you make. You appear to have bought into the idea that there is something inherently noble or 'valuable' about coming from a long line of toffs. Naming your kid after a whole team might well be pretty silly, but I'm not convinced it's any sillier than naming him or her after assorted syphilitic ancestors.
There is nothing worse than middle class envy. Especially one that is a product of political correctness. You are embarrassing yourself, even your hero Anthony Neil Wedgwood "Tony" Benn would have had no problem with......

Last edited:

brand

....... María del Rosario Cayetana Paloma Alfonsa Victoria Eugenia Fernanda Teresa Francisca de Paula Lourdes Antonia Josefa Fausta Rita Castor Dorotea Santa Esperanza Fitz-James Stuart y de Silva Falcó y Gurtubay.
I am surprised you have a problem. After all there is a ethnic minority in there.

Lets look again at the original......

Any class distinction, jaded sexual history or other sordid fantasy is entirely your own work

PS ..

The epidemiology of Syphilis in the UK is more determined by age than by social class

Last edited:
Top Bottom