He sells stolen bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy84

Veteran
I have only just happened upon this site while searching for information on auctions

What were you searching for, stolen bikes? :-)

Longshot

I love Liverpool. My wife's a primary school teacher and was confused when first teaching in Liverpool by the alphabet song - "A A A A A A A..." :tongue:

calmdown.gif

asterix

Comrade Member
Must admit when I was in Liverpool a few years ago I left my car lights on (it was an old car) and flattened the battery. I was in the car park of the maritime museum and a security guard came along to see what was going on. When he found out, he called his police mates and between them they got my car started. In gratitude I offered him a fiver to buy a beer or something but would he take it? Would he eckerslike. He asked if I would make a donation to some charity or other instead!

Raging Squirrel

But for some reason you did choose to work in the city with probably the highest crime rate in the UK! If you work in hotels, there's lots of hotel work elsewhere in places with a much lower crime rate. And better riding as well; what about all of Scotland, all of Wales, all of the Yorkshire Dales or North York moors? Fantastic riding, very little traffic and almost no crime.

I hate to say this but I NEVER leave my bike anywhere in public unless it's locked in a car or in my full view all the time. Admittedly it was your only form of transport but maybe you need to go out now and buy a crap bike to ride to work and start saving for a replacement racer, which you can keep chained to the wall in your flat.

Have you looked at this website?: http://bikeshd.co.uk/

Also you might be able to get the Liverpool Echo to run a story on it if you stress the aspect of being an overseas rider, aspiring sportswoman, saved all your life for the bike, etc. etc. Ring the news desk on 0151 472 2453 and speak to a reporter. It worked for that German world cyclist whose bike got stolen in Portsmouth; somebody found it and gave it back.

i think you'll find the highest crime rate city is Manchester thank you very much, and that's after London. Do some research before spouting rubbish about places where people live

Reactions: geo

RedRider

Pulling through
Is the crime rate based upon total crimes commited or is the population of a city in proportion to the amount of crimes taken into account?
I'm almost certain it's proportional ie a rate per head

Globalti

Legendary Member
I thought most of the posters on here were intelligent people yet some of them seem actually to believe the crime statistics trotted out by Police forces! I suppose they also believe Government immigration figures, climate change statistics and all those stories about peanut butter being a carcinogen and so on? Oh dear.

asterix

Comrade Member
I thought most of the posters on here were intelligent people yet some of them seem actually to believe the crime statistics trotted out by Police forces! I suppose they also believe Government immigration figures, climate change statistics and all those stories about peanut butter being a carcinogen and so on? Oh dear.

You'd prefer us to believe the usual weary stereotyping some people trot out whenever they can't think of anything better to say? It's a rock and a hard place, isn't it!

bobbit

Crimestoppers are an example of an NGO that collate figures on crime in the UK, are you saying that they are corrupt also. I haven't seen you give any explanation or figures with references for the so called fudging of the data. I do get sick of seeing the stereotyping of where I live, because whilst in jest it is humorous, it continues to influence peoples attitudes to this great and vibrant city!

An experiment to see how quickly thieves would steal an unlocked bicycle has exploded a popular myth about at least one place.

Researchers put a new bike in 10 cities and saw how long it took to be stolen.

The bicycle that lasted the longest - almost four hours - was in bustling Mathew Street in Liverpool.

"Light-fingered Scousers" have often been the butt of jokes but in fact thieves in London acted fastest, stealing the £130 bike in just 17 minutes.

Next was Glasgow at 1hr 30mins and Birmingham at nearly two hours.

It took between two hours and 3hrs 15mins for the bikes to go in Bristol, Norwich, Newcastle, Manchester, Cardiff and Portsmouth.

The test was carried out by insurer More Than.

Liverpool, as a city of fewer than 500,000 people, has punched above its weight culturally, scientifically and in sport.

It has one of the largest hospitals in Europe, a renowned school of tropical medicine, England's most successful football team and enough theatres and art galleries to shake a stick at.

Despite the economic destruction wrought on it, and the decay of its spectacular architecture, Liverpool remains a magnificent and powerful city which is a party capital and a good place to walk around.

Liverpool is not the city of thieves, dole cheats, drug dealers, rioters and strikers.

So stop giving us a hard time.

And one more thing... Scousers really are funny.

bobbit

Thanks for that, I would be suprised if London had a higher crime rate than Liverpool given the crimes against the English language an fashion commited there :becool:^_^

Yer wat? r u dissin ow we speak up ere like, giving us verbals about ar troggs too, bang outta order mate, yer soft suvern shandy drinkin fairy!

Top Bottom