Head Lamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A helmet lamp is useful if you come off the bike at night and want to be seen rather than run over (something the "I'm going to wear black clothing" brigade seem to forget)
I know I shouldn't respond to the trolling but: anyone who'd run you over then has already crashed into an unlit tree a while back. :tongue:

Only the Aldi lamp sounds like a worthwhile bike light. The rest sound awful and antisocial.

RMurphy195

Hi all, I've managed to get a decent front light which is quite bright, adjustable and does a reasonable job of lighting the way ahead, but a couple of sections of road I ride at night are completely in the dark, these are unavoidable on my commute and quite frankly even when I'm riding cautiously it can be pretty scary. So I'm thinking of investing in a decent, ie cheap as possible, head lamp that can be helmet mounted and will increase my ability to see where I'm going, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Just came across this - any use? https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7...om-feature-and-built-in-rear-light-WH2-DS-187

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Get a German front lamp for the bike, then you won't need a head torch. A head torch which will just dazzle and thus annoy other road users. I'm getting bored of people on bikes with dodgy lights wrecking my night vision with their retina burning head lights wobbling all over the place.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just fit some decent lights to your bike. The solution is so easy, a path so well trodden, that it's really not worth even asking. Most of my commute is unlit rural roads and decent conventional lights do quite nicely.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Just fit some decent lights to your bike. The solution is so easy, a path so well trodden, that it's really not worth even asking. Most of my commute is unlit rural roads and decent conventional lights do quite nicely.
How much do we wager the chosen path will be a million unfocused lumens from the house of cree vs proper lens and reflector from high germanee?

Top Bottom