Heathrow Car rental advice to drivers re UK cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.heathrow-car-rental.co.uk/information/driving-in-the-uk.html
From the above website - Heathrow Car Rental

Beware Cyclists !!

In London, as in other places, cyclists can be a bit of a hazard, since though they pay no road tax, they still have the same rights as any other vehicle. No law requires them to wear reflective clothing, have lights, or give any sort of signal. Furthermore, cyclists tend to ignore traffic lights and one-way streets, so please be careful you don't hit them, cyclists become most indignant if you hit them, and legally, it is always the motorists fault.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Strictly forbidden? That's alright then.

Beware Pedestrians !!

Unlike in the USA and some other countries "jay-walking", or pedestrians crossing the road randomly is not an offence. Also, unlike in some European countries, it is customary to stop at a Zebra Crossing, so pedestrians can cross. But regardless of whether a pedestrian is crossing the road in the right place, or at some other random point, it is strictly forbidden to hit them. Hitting pedestrians, even if they are on a road or any other dangerous place, is considered "Dangerous Driving" and specific laws have been drafted in the UK to discourage, indeed outlaw, the hitting of pedestrians.

Reactions: _aD

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Since 1937 there has been no direct relationship between the tax and government expenditure on public roads.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Is this the Clarkson effect? Trying to be funny and racy and ending up on a reactionary and rather slippery...er.....slope.
Yep, I took it as a jokey web site to let those unfamilar with the UK know what to expect.
The comments are in no way endorsed by BAA or Heathrow.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cheeky, cheeky, ignorant feckers. Unbelievable.
Their contact form seems to have crashed; I tried to let my feelings be known but will have to try later.

akb

Veteran
It looks a bit jokey to me. Is this a serious business?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

jarlrmai

Veteran
The pedestrians sections is still up and still written in the same "jokey" style.

Who the fark thinks it's okay to joke about injuring people in the context of safety guidelines for new to the UK drivers?

ScotiaLass

Guru
We apologise to all our customers but this website is currently down due to a large amount of traffic received from an adverse campaign by Twitter® users.....

We apologise also to all those cyclists and other website visitors who took offence at some light-hearted comments that were on this website about cyclists. All these offending remarks have been removed.

Top Bottom