Hello All!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WillJo

Hello all,

I'm a novice cyclist who rides for commuting to University mainly, recently however my bike was stolen so I wanted to get some advice on getting a new one and in the past I have found forums to be an excellent wealth of knowledge.

I'm also in the market for buying a bike and I reasoned that purchasing a bike off a member here was a bit safer than from ebay etc.

Anyway I shall post that in the relevant section,

Regards,

Will

hi and:welcome:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
:welcome: William. Sorry to hear your bike was stolen, but good luck hunting for a replacement!

OP
OP
W

WillJo

Well I was going to ask really but I'm in two minds what to spend, In theory I could spend max about £325 but I'm in two minds as to whether I should spend that much again as there's always a chance it will get stolen again. My bike was stolen with a lock on from my garage!

musa

Über Member
hmm its tough..well youll need a better lock or lock setup umm do you want new or secondhand

OP
OP
W

WillJo

hmm its tough..well youll need a better lock or lock setup umm do you want new or secondhand

I think I'd prefer to buy something second hand. Bikes seem to lose their value extremely quickly and if it looks less than new it's less likely to get nicked. However I know very little about bikes at the moment so I don't want something I'm going to have to constantly tinker with!

OP
OP
W

WillJo

dont know exactly what your looking for but i have this for sale

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/road-bike-for-sale.98212/

That's a nice looking bike and very tempting but I don't think I should get a road bike, my flat mate has one and he's always getting flats on the roads round here!

musa

Über Member
the chances of getting flats will always be there no what bike I owned and rode fixed/ss when I started riding again now I got two road bike you just need better tyres

vfm brand new is a triban 3 from decathlon
theres a giant defy 4 in classifieds for 300 in south wales so shouldnt be difficult for you...

so its either a mtb or fixed/ss

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
william if your ride is fairly flat a single speed could be a good decision , feel free to have a look at my album on here as i have a couple of bikes on there that might be ok for you .

hi & :welcome:

OP
OP
W

WillJo

william if your ride is fairly flat a single speed could be a good decision , feel free to have a look at my album on here as i have a couple of bikes on there that might be ok for you .

hi & :welcome:

Hi there,

Unfortunately my commute does involve some incline :smile:

Top Bottom