Hello all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HytuneMotorsport

Hi Everyone!

My name is Tom, and have recently decided its time to start cycling to work! 2 main reasons is to save money on fuel and to gain a better level of fitness!
Our company do a cycle to work scheme so I popped down to our recommended cycle shop (cycle kingdom in fleet) and got very good advice on a bike that would suit my needs

i also intend to use the bike for fun with my son in my spare time also :smile:

i have been pointed in the direction of a specialized crosstrail sport disc, had a ride and seemed a really nice bike, any thoughts form you guys on this would be handy :smile:

Anyways look forward to joining the community!

Thanks

Tom :becool:

calibanzwei

Hello and welcome :hello:

deaksie

Hi Tom

looks like a nice bike for general riding. Make sure you try out a few though to make sure this one is comfortable - its easy to get on the first bike you come across. Specialized are a really good brand - quality product. I'm sure you won't regret making the switch. Stick with it and use the forum for support if you get confused/need advice/just need a bit of encouragement - definitely worth it!
L

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

Hi Deaksie

Thanks for the info :biggrin:
i had a go of a few different ones and the crosstrail seemed to be comfortable for me and ticked the desired boxes i required from the bike!

Just had authority from work and it has now been ordered :becool: so should be up and riding hopefully be next week!!! going to feel like eternity on the first ride I guess, but im 100% committed to sticking to it :biggrin:

Ive been browsing the forum for the last couple of days and its been really helpful already!! I haven't been a regular on a bike for sometime :wacko: lol time to give it another go!!!

Tom :hello:

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Welcome! You'll find you're cycling home the long way "just for fun" in no time, and what seemed like hills yesterday are mere genteel inclines tomorrow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome to CycleChat.
And well done for getting on a bike. Keep riding and you will soon find your fitness improving no end.

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

Thanks guys :biggrin:

im actually really looking forward to it! Its really going to help get back into shape plus free up some spare cash giving more oppunities to take nipper out more etc :becool: Plus he is getting his 1st bike for Xmas :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks guys :biggrin:

im actually really looking forward to it! Its really going to help get back into shape plus free up some spare cash giving more oppunities to take nipper out more etc :becool: Plus he is getting his 1st bike for Xmas :rolleyes:

You have taken up cycling and you think you are going to save some cash?
Who ever told you that cycling saves you money is a liar
biggrin.gif

You are now on a very slippery slidey slope....there are all sorts of bikey shiney things that can open the purse strings at any time without warning. Don't say I didn't warn you
thumbsup.png

biggrin.gif

You are now on a very slippery slidey slope....there are all sorts of bikey shiney things that can open the purse strings at any time without warning. Don't say I didn't warn you
thumbsup.png

move along from the 'found a bargain' forum, there is nothing to see

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

biggrin.gif

thumbsup.png

:laugh: i was already in a bike shop again a couple of days after looking at drink bottles and accessories....:rolleyes:

i seem to spend over £100 a month on fuel easily commuting to work, so i guess at first i'll save, untill i find the urge to buy upgrades :bicycle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:laugh: i was already in a bike shop again a couple of days after looking at drink bottles and accessories....:rolleyes:

i seem to spend over £100 a month on fuel easily commuting to work, so i guess at first i'll save, until i find the urge to buy upgrades :bicycle:

At least 4 milliseconds..
whistling.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 51
Top Bottom