Hello all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:biggrin: guess ill finally know how my other half feels when she enters a shoe shop!!! :laugh:

Spot on
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

to be honest i know there is things i am definately going to need, ie: waterproofs, rucksack etc :becool:

just have to resist the shiny bits.... for now :wacko: :laugh:

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

Hello all!

My bike finally arrived last week and i made my first commute to work today! overall i did 22miles. Only issues i seem to have is saddle butt!:biggrin: and my right inner thigh is a little aching!

Any suggestions to make the ride a bit easier?

Thanks

Tom :becool:

Padded shorts and fiddle with the seat position for the Achy leg

What bike did you get?

I don't commute by bike bit I saw in one of your earlier posts that you were thinking about a rucksack, would panniers be more comfortable? I am pretty sure you will get further advice on that :whistle:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
You are using muscles you haven't used for some time, this may settle, otherwise you may need to adjust the fit.

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

Thanks!

My bike is a specialized crosstrail sport 2012 model.

I definitely haven't used these muscles in sone time! And defense think padded shorts would help!

As to adjusting the seat, how should iI position it to help?

Thanks

OP
OP
H

HytuneMotorsport

Day two was much easier! :smile:

no saddle issues or aching muscles! im still going to invest into some padded shorts just for a bit more comfort!:becool:

Also finding the hills more easier, been playing with the gears trying to find the best combination for myself :smile:

Bring on day three!!

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
As to adjusting the seat, how should iI position it to help?

Thanks

With the pedal at the bottom of the stroke (ie at six o'clock), your knee should have a slight bend in it; something like 15 degrees.

It's easiest to get this right with someone else to check it while you're on the bike: too high and your hips will rock from side to side causing back strain and added wear to your nether regions.

I'd been riding with my saddle too low, although I thought I'd got it right, and when corrected I was pedaling much harder for the same effort. More comfortable too.

A saddle with too much padding will prove uncomfortable on a ride of any distance: your "sit bones" will sink into the cushioning which will put more pressure on your perineum!

PS Straight into a twenty-two mile commute: kudos!

Top Bottom