Hello chelmsford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tallpaul74

Regular
Hi all new to this been out and about for 3 months and feel I'm doing ok for a 37year old, I manage about 80 to 100 miles aweek mainly 50 on Sunday mornings aiming my average about 17mph which includes Agee hill around the hanningfields and burnham. Riding the spez allez elite. Any tips on progressing to the 100 mile rides in a day, cheers Paul

huttster

Hi Tallpaul74,I'm from Essex too,Southend,I do about 100 miles a week commute and then whatever i can at weekend,kids and partner allowing,just recently completed my first 100 miles in one day around the same area as you,Bicknacre,Danbury,have you tried North Hill in Little Baddow?Work your way up from 50miles increasing the distance you ride,I went up to 80miles before trying 100,for the 100 don't forget to take two bottles with you,mine are large ones filled with a non fizzy sports drink and enough bars and energy gels for 5 hours,i had enough to eat before the ride for the first hour and was having a bar/gel every half hour which seemed to do the trick,if you don't want to take that much with you have a break half way and stop for food,did mine non-stop which i'm not sure if that is the norm or not,good luck,it's a great feeling when the computer ticks over to 100 miles :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

Tallpaul74

Regular
Hi hurster not tries that hill yet will give it ago tonight, I managed 40 miles Tuesday with the hills around margerting and stock. I'm same boat with wife and kids so try when I can and when work allows.

Top Bottom