Hello, freiston here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freiston

Veteran
Hi all, I've just joined up after seeing this place referenced on a CTC forum post - I haven't even lurked on these boards before. I used to do a lot of cycling when I was in my teens and I enjoyed cycle-camping. After a long time only ever using a bike for short distance transport (if at all), I reached a mid-life crisis which resulted in buying a touring bike and a folding bike a couple of years ago or so. My opportunity and fitness do not allow for a lot of cycling but I manage a bit here and there and my intention is to keep it up and more. I'm now 52 and living deep in the midlands (Coventry) but originally hail from south Lincolnshire.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome to the forum :welcome:

OP
OP
freiston

freiston

Veteran
[QUOTE 4481879, member: 259"]Hi! We used to go cockling at Freiston marsh when I was a kid. Magic place.[/QUOTE]
An uncle used to work on the prawn boats and I have another uncle who, after working on ships all over the world, now works on a cockle boat out of Boston. Freiston Marsh was a favourite place of mine as a kid - creek jumping/swimming and grazing on samphire :smile:

Top Bottom