Hello from Bangkok

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bedrock

Hi!

I've already posted a few messages today and I hope you'll forgive me for doing things the wrong way round.

As the title says, I'm in Bangkok now, but that's just an extended holiday / working holiday of sorts and I'll be back in the UK this August. I used to live here full-time for several years, and as a consequence I haven't done a great deal of cycling. The weather is too hot and the traffic is a killer (literally). However, a good few years ago I was an avid road cyclist and used to do a time trial or three.

As from August I will be studying at a London uni as a mature student and this involves some work at schools, too. Hopefully I'll be on my bike as much as possible -- even if it's mostly commuting -- as it's something that I miss doing. I plan to move to Surbiton and it would be good to make some new cycling buddies.

Brian

Durian

Über Member
Hi Bedrock and greetings from Chiang Mai. I've lived over here for five years now and although I love the cycling in this area I don't blame you for avoiding cycling in Bangkok! I hope you find Surbiton a better place to cycle but don't envy you going back to the UK, no Somtam and no Durian to eat, however will you survive?!

OP
OP
B

bedrock

Hi, Durian. I didn't expect to find any Thai riders on this forum, but thanks for the greeting. It's not the food that I'll miss. ;-)

Top Bottom