Hello From Berkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
Hi everybody...

I just wanted to say hello...

Background: I'm a mountain biker who got old and got fat, just purchased a Boardman Hybird Pro, had the bike 12 days and have cycled over 200 miles, and lost 5lb already.

Looking to chat with other cyclists and get help on my fitness levels...

Thanks for taking the time to read...

GrumpyCyclistUK

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome @GrumpyCyclistUK first well done on the weight loss so far and the mieage,so old and fat that sounds like a lot of us on here lol all I can addis eat sensibly and ride plenty keep yourself well hydrated.

Paul Redefined

Regular
welcome @GrumpyCyclistUK .

I'm a new bod here myself. Bought a 2nd hand Trek 7.3fx Hybrid a couple of weeks ago and am already hooked on road cycling. going to buy my first ever road bike in a few weeks, not sure what just yet though.

I'm slightly old and quite fat and have lost 7lb in the last couple of weeks just cycling around 25km a day and cutting out the crap. congrats on the weight loss, keep it going buddy.

Paul

petergc

Good on ya. I've lost a load of weight since I started riding. Cut out the alcohol and all the crap food now I'm back to my 32 in waist trousers:smile:
Where bouts in Berkshire are you mate??

OP
OP
GrumpyCyclistUK

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
Wow, thanks guys...

I quit drinking about ermmmmm... 309 days ago... Was a bit of a drinker for 5+ years and decided that total abstinence was the only way. Trying to get back in shape and lose 4 stone... Burnham area for me mate. Ride the A4 to Reading and back most mornings now. Rest day tomorrow morning as i had to put my 11 day old bike in for a service... Not impressed with Halfords at all.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Where I grew up!

Most Local Bike Shops (LBS) offer a free 6 week check just to adjust things like the cables which stretch a little when first used. Why have you had to take it in?

OP
OP
GrumpyCyclistUK

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
Had it built by Halfords.. After 6 miles the left side crank arm came loose, not nice on a 16 mile journey, having everything in my multi tool except an M18 on me... She creaks when you apply pressure on the peddles, turns out I have numerous loose spokes in my rear wheel. I just took it to SCUK in Reading as I get them to look at all my bikes and never had a problem before.

OP
OP
GrumpyCyclistUK

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
Turns out that the bearings in the pedals had gone, so go new sealed bearing pedals, rode it home today. Just felt so good/stiff/strong. The rain we had earlier had cooled it down a bit... Really pleased...

AndyWilliams

Über Member
Hi dude and welcome :welcome::bicycle:. I'm from Langley. Good to see another cyclist from the area. I use Stows in Slough opposite the Library, been really very good to me.
Keep going and have fun :smile:

Dark46

Veteran
Hi Grumpy welcome to the forums ! I've got a Boardman MX
Comp Hybrid, sounds as though your like me and can't get off the bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
GrumpyCyclistUK

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
Hey AndyWilliams.. I purchased my first ever MBA from them when I was 14 (Was a BMX boy) a Raleigh Max... My folks were skint so they had to do the 3 prepaid cheques... Not been in the Slough one for years now (I believe it moved opposite the library... There used to be one in Upton Lea when I was a boy...

OP
OP
GrumpyCyclistUK

GrumpyCyclistUK

Regular
Dark46 - These are my babies, got one last play on the Norco tomorrow as it's been sold to a mate at work... Loving my new hybrid, I just need to push myself as 24 miles ride home (longer way) is the biggest distance I've managed... Looking to hit 35 soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom