Hello from Bromsgrove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil305

I joined to get a bit of advice on what to buy, which I've had, and hopefully will be buying a bike later today. It looks likely that I'll be getting a Dawes Discovery 301.

I've not ridden much for the last 10 years. Before that I used to cycle to work through summer a couple of days a week (a 30 mile round trip). I had a hybrid bike at that time, but unfortunately I decided to leave it at my in-laws house in Ireland for people to use whilst visiting over there, and replace it here with a cheap full suspension mountain bike from a supermarket. What a mistake that was! The mountain bike saps so much energy that it feels like you've got to peddle hard even to go downhill.

I now work too far away to ride to work, but I'm looking to get out on a weekend to get a bit of much needed exercise. Fingers crossed that a new bike will get me back into riding regularly.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi. Can't help you with a choice of bike, but welcome to the forum from powys. I'm sure someone will be along soon who will be able to give you good advice regarding your choice.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening

Top Bottom