Hello from (cloudy & windy) Northern England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dyno-sore

Just a quick hello...

I've been lurking for a few weeks; have noticed some really good advice, amusing banter, etc. around here, so thought I'd sign up.

I am a big fan of most things two-wheeled (and some 3):- cycling, motorcycling and electric motorcycles; not totally sure about E bikes yet... although I'm quite impressed by the direction some of the latest off-road stuff is going in - just wish I had the money!

I've been riding two wheels since childhood, but just recently got into putting some more miles on my old [rat] bike in an attempt to get fitter & stop burning (quite so much) fuel.

I'm pretty much a utility/commuter cyclist (I think?) and really enjoy tweaking & refining my hybrid-ised old MTB. As I'm getting fitter, I'm enjoying a few leisure rides too. Also I'm a fairly competent maintenance enthusiast and a bit of a self confessed (sad?) tool geek!
In fact I'm probably a bit OCD in respect of mending & repairing stuff & having things working properly, period (or the sky might fall down; in an unplanned ill-conceived manner; costing me money!!). But I don't need my bike to look particularly good as it gets locked-up everywhere & anywhere. Function over (-riding) form perhaps.

I've gotten up to approx. 1500 miles in the first six months of my fuel saving / fitness mission and am starting to feel like my legs can cope; if not my arse... Although occasionally I do know it from my elbow ;-)

I apologise (ahead) for having a slightly dark sense of humour and sincerely hope not to cause anyone any offence... Erm, er, that's about it, I think... yup; Hi to anyone who's about; I hope to get some good advice here & offer some (or at least a funny joke / amusing anecdote) to someone in return.

d.

Mrs M

Guru
Hello :welcome:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: some of us manage to combine home mechanicing, three wheels and electric bikes.

This is my home modified electric trike but it pales into insignificance compared to what @voyager has built. :becool:

trike 004.JPG

OP
OP
D

dyno-sore

Thank you all, for the warm welcome.

Nice trike raleighnut, I could carry even more kit (than I usually do) on that!

Had a quick look at voyager's trikes too; pretty sophisticated stuff... very impressive workmanship, and so comfy looking. I must admit the idea of having a reclined seat like that is extremely appealing (after yet another sore backside on my daily commute); I wonder, though, how vulnerable I'd feel that close to the tarmac on a busy A-road, in the rain, at night?
Probably just a perception / bravery thing.

Right, I'm off to go see how much a fully upholstered armchair weighs?... :laugh:

Thanks again folks,

d.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thank you all, for the warm welcome.

Nice trike raleighnut, I could carry even more kit (than I usually do) on that!

Had a quick look at voyager's trikes too; pretty sophisticated stuff... very impressive workmanship, and so comfy looking. I must admit the idea of having a reclined seat like that is extremely appealing (after yet another sore backside on my daily commute); I wonder, though, how vulnerable I'd feel that close to the tarmac on a busy A-road, in the rain, at night?
Probably just a perception / bravery thing.

Right, I'm off to go see how much a fully upholstered armchair weighs?... :laugh:

Thanks again folks,

d.
This would have been what mine looked like pre- modification.

33726.jpg

Recumbent trikes are FUN but they need to be lite up if they are everyday transport we don't find any problems as cars keep a wide berth
nfroyaloak.jpg
nfrunway.jpg

here are our 20/20 e-trikes on holiday in the New Forest this week .

OP
OP
D

dyno-sore

Hi voyager, great pictures of your recumbent / trikes, they look really comfy! As does the Royal Oak; I could indulge myself in there...
I'm really impressed by how 'sorted' they are. I'd be tempted to add more / bigger batteries... & a headrest... & cup holders... & AV system... & erm OK, you already have Sat Nav! Very cool machines...
:notworthy:

raleighnut, thanks for the before (and after) shots, really helps to show the amount of work you've put in. As I compare them, I keep noticing else you've done to modify it. Good work & very interesting trying to work out why you have done certain things to it. For example, the original saddle looks quite comfy and the replacement (at a glance) doesn't. I'm guessing it's Brooks? and is in fact much better than the original... there are lessons in this for me I think!

:biggrin: & thanks to everyone who's taken the time to say hello,

d.

@dyno-sore

We have head rests , drinking bottle holders ( behind the seat ) and have a spare battery each ( 50 mile+ range ) on all 3 trikes ( 2 x 20/20 and the voyager )
The bar end changers and thumb throttles work well ( on the 20/20's ) and I think that we can honestly say that the 20/20's are sorted .

Great time on holiday and next break will be the Zombie fest , a collection of loonies on a 3 night break in Sussex , with good food , wine , spirit and fry ups in the mornings . usually conversing with walkie squakies en-route - can you imagine 6 trikes in formation along a Cycle path in central Brighton - wait for the photos

regards emma ( twinkle on the Atomic Zombie bike/trike /quad builders Website )

Top Bottom